What's new

Welcome to the iPhone Forum! Please post an introduction thread.

Hello Everyone, My name is dipen n m from Florida, I used use iphone 3g and 3gs,but i moved to Android last year, again apple attract me,so i bought IP4S n m back,

i never used this forum before so i m newbie in this place....

hi guys just joined as got iphone 4 and ipad 2 quick question is there any issues with the ios 5 on both theses devices?

Older guy been using iPhones for three years, now have 4s and love it, love the Tech.!!!!

Hi Guys,

I was one of the guys here in the Phils. got a first version of iphone when it launch here, due to difficulty on my wide tumb i sell it after
6 months only, i've used different smartphone brand like nokia and htc but when i came back this couple of months on iPhone4..it's a different
ball game.. Iphone4 Rocks!!! so i told myself never to touch other smartphone again.. one word for iPhone4.."Superiority"..

I live in South Africa and have an iPhone 4 running IOS5. My computer is running Win7 Pro. I hope to continue to learn more about the use of my iPhone via this forum!

Hi, I have an iphone 4 on Verizon. The new software makes it impossible to select sounds to turn off. It's all or nothing. I don't understand why the change was made. Before, I could leave on the phone ringer but turn off the new mail and messages alerts while asleep. This seems like a restriction of my choices, which is not a good thing.

welcome guys and be sure to follow the rules but in order to follow them you must read them. so get to it =)

A Short Intro:
1. My name is Richard
2. Male 60+ (but not too plus)
3. Happily married 32 years/ 10 children / 10 grandchildren
4. Vietnam Veteran (Disabled - 100% / Agent Orange Exposure During Combat 1970-71)
5. Bought my first Apple I computer 1976
6. Started my Apple Mobile Phone Experience with the 3GS. (Years earlier I owned one of the first Motorola "brick" cell phone in 1985. (Avg monthly cellphone bill $600 - $800)
7. Currently own an iPhone 4. HOWEVER - I PRE-ORDERED an IPhone 4s (Black/AT&T/64g) thru Best Buy and I have still have not received the iPhone!
8. I also own an iPad 2! For the disabled - best device ever built. I love my iPhone - but with limited dexterity it's a real pain typing on the iPhone. And at times it gets very difficult to read off of the iPhone. Having said that - I wouldn't have any other phone than my iPhone (hopefully a 4s in the near future)
9. I look forward to participating in this forum.
10. End of dissertation !!

Yes - I lost ALL of my data when I upgraded! And I was on the phone with Apple Support when it happened. It took over three weeks to reconstruct my data files. And yes we tried restore - it failed! We tried using the two latest backups - received error message "corrupted". Although the Apple Tech was extremely nice (and seemed to know what he was talking about) had no answer. I was then transferred to a supervisor - was told OTHERS had also experienced loss of data - but he didn't know why it was happening. This happened very early morning on the second day of its release!

Hello All,

I have had an Iphone 3GS for the past 3 yrs and often had questions about. I am not tecky at all and due to the time required to sort things so long as it vaguely worked I have often gone along as it is.

I love the concept of the equipment and am sure that many people can get a great deal more out of it than I, for me it has still done more than other systems could in my hands!

I have recently updated to IOs 5 and have many niggling problems which I am sure many of you on this forum will be able to sort very easily. You'll then wonder whether a person like me should be allowed such a device.