What's new

Welcome to me! (? on buying apps)

XDRoX

Reaction score
I finally just jailbroke my first iDevice.
It's an Iphone4 with 5.1.

A quick question about buying apps. I went to the Cydia store wanted to get an app to make a hotspot. I found one called MyWi.
It said buy for $19.99 but instead I just clicked download and it did.

So my question is why the option for buying if I just downloaded it for free?

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Thanks

A quick question about buying apps. I went to the Cydia store wanted to get an app to make a hotspot. I found one called MyWi.

Thanks

Apps or tweaks that have a price tag and then allow you to download it for free usually are trials of the tweak that will last 15-30 days roughly then will stop working until you pay and register the file you have downloaded, check in cydia or the tweak you downloaded for how long the trial will last

Thanks

As Unleashed said, MyWi has a 3-day free trial. That being said, I strongly advise against using that application for tethering. First of all, it is overly expensive, secondly, it is easily detectable by service providers, if you use it, you risk your service provider finding out and automatically charging you a tethering fee as well as removing you from your unlimited data plan(if you have one). If you want to tether, I would suggest using TetherMe. It is much cheaper and it enables native device tethering so it is not detectable by cellular providers.

XDRoX said:

Thanks

IMO......MyWi is a complete rip off.

I also here it can be detected and blocked by your carrier. Tho I do not know for sure.

But I highly recommend you do not pay for MyWi.

I would buy a tweak called TetherMe. It cost $5 and it actives the native tethering option s in the Settings.app. It is also 100% undetectable.

Everything works great with TetherMe.

However you can but whichever tweak you like.

In my personal opinion pretty much anything from Intelliborn is a rip off. All there packages are over priced and you can always find a free or cheaper tweak that does the same thing but better.

There is only "one" tweak that Intelliborn has pushed out that is actually worth paying for. That tweak is InteiScreenX. Totally worth it.

I recommend you but ISX too.lol.

Be weary of any tweak from Intelliborn. Like is said...there is always a tweak the does the same thing for less or no costs at all.

Except ISX...no tweak comes close to ISX.

Thanks for the help guys. How do I go about deleting MyWi?

XDRoX said:

Open Cydia

Tap Manage> Packages> find MyWi.

Tap on it.

Tap "Modify" in the top right corner

Then tap "Confirm"

Then Tap "Restart Springboard" or whatever that button may say at the bottom.

go into cydia, search for the app and it will say uninstall on the top right, also I agree with the other posts about TetherME as it works perfectly and for much cheaper

Thanks guys. I just removed MiWi and got TetherMe.

The only thing I can't figure out how to do is take my password protection off.

XDRoX said:
Thanks guys. I just removed MiWi and got TetherMe.

The only thing I can't figure out how to do is take my password protection off.

Well you can't....but you can change it to something really easy. Like 000000 or something.

Consider this....at least your neighbor kid won't be able to use your 3G data when it shows in the list of available networks when you have the hotspot on.lol.

Plus, of your are only tethering to a couple devices, you only have to enter the password once...you don't have to enter the password every time. Just when you tether to a new device for the first time.