What's new

Weird Unlock after removing SAM

Djollofman

Reaction score
As those of you who have been on their toes for new unlock methods are aware, a few weeks ago a trick was found using the SAM (subscriber Artificial Module) to fool the apple servers into unlocking iphones. Needless to say that Apple has since fixed that loophole. Now here is what happened to me and I'd appreciate it if someone could explain why.

I have a jailbroken iphone 4 running iOS 5.0.1 with BB 03.10.01 that is locked to Rogers (Canadian carrier). When the SAM trick came I went on Cydia and installed the required files but I did not do anything with regards to plugging it to itunes and doing the required steps as I figured I needed another sim card to do the trick. Yesterday I got frustated with Rogers and went and got a Chatr sim and a gevey ultra sim. I cut the chatr sim with scissor to fit the tray and proceeded to follow the gevey instructions. But nothing was working I just kept getting "no sim" regardless of what I did. However, whenever I put back the rogers sim I would get service. When I put the chatr sim w/o the gevey bypass I would get "no sim". It occured to me that maybe the SAM hack I installed is blocking other sims. I then proceeded to remove the SAM and all associated files. I then put the chatr sim w/o the gevey bypass and lo and behold it just started working on its own. I then installed a custom profile to have the data plan work.
When I go under setting => General => About

I have network: chatr

Carrier: Rogers 11.0

Can someone please explain how is it possible for the iphone to work with the chatr sim without me doing any unlocking?

Solution found!!!: Chatr actually belongs to Rogers :S :D... Guess that explains it

Last edited: