What's new

Weird Error After 5.1.1 Absinthe Jailbreak

Matrixnubee

Reaction score
Ok so after successfully jailbreaking my iPhone 4 on iOS 5.1.1 with Absinthe 2.0.2, everything has worked out great. These were my exact steps with the help of some people on here :)

1. Backed up using iTunes on my PC.

2. Purchased the latest version of PKGBackup ($8.00) in Cydia.

3. Created a free DropBox account and installed the desktop application.

4. Backed up all my Cydia tweaks, settings and apps through PKGBackup to my DropBox.

4. Went into my phone Settings, then General, Reset and finally Erase All Content and Settings.

5. After all wiped out and came back I set-up as a new phone.

6. Then I jailbroke using Absinthe 2.0.2 which worked perfectly.

7 Then I plugged in and restored with the latest back up and got everything back.

8. Finally I went into Cydia and downloaded PKGBackup and restored my last backup and got all my Cydia tweaks, settings and apps back which also worked amazingly. I would suggest this to anyone who has a lot of Cydia tweaks and stuff and want to back it all up before updating and re-jailbreaking so that you get all of your stuff back :)

It all worked perfectly....except I noticed one fairly big problem after all was said and done.

I tried taking a screenshot for a buddy and when going into my camera roll where its supposed to save, it was not there. Then after trying to save a picture from a website to my camera roll, it was not there. Then finally, after taking some pictures with the stock phone camera app, I went to my camera roll and guess what... none of my pictures would save and go into it.

Has anyone else heard of this issue before? It's quite strange to me getting this problem after JBing. I tried respringing and rebooting and nothing changed. I know I should probably just do the whole process over again and see if the issue comes back but ehh... I've found a temporary solution till I figure out what to do about this problem.

I downloaded the app Camera Plus Pro and am able to use that as my camera which I can save photos and videos and even share them via Facebook and Twitter, its actually a really good and cool photo app and is working great to distract me with my current issue. But I know sooner or later I'm going to want to fix this so I can have my stock camera working and saving my pictures properly.

Soooo what do you guys think? :)

Huh, not a clue.

Do you have any tweak that deals with, changes, modifies or interacts with the Photos app? Because maybe that tweak is not fully updated to run on iOS 5.1.1 and, with it installed, it making the saving aspect of your pictures all "wonky."

That's all I can think of at the moment. Hopefully others will come along and chip in.

Marilyn

Im having the same problem on my 3GS after i jailbroke using Absinthe 2.0.2. Im able to take photos but they fail to save into the camera roll. I did receive a wierd message upon booting the phone after jailbreaking it, telling me that storage memory was full? Which is obviously wrong as there wasnt much content on the device after i restored it. Hopefully somebody can find a way to resolve this.

restore and set up as new (a backup may bring the problem back)

re-jb

Same issue with me Can't access my photos. I know they're there cause it's showing in Itunes and also I can access them via iFile. My bookmarks dissapeared as well... I did a first jailbreak straight up on my 5.1.1 and it was like that. I then decided to do it again... ( the long way) Backup, Restore 5.1.1, jailbreak, and then restore from backup and still the same thing. I hope there is nothing else i did'nt find yet... other than that this jailbreak is nice and easy... hope there's a fix soon. If i find anything I'll let you know.

UPDATE:

Alright guys so after doing some investigation I've found that the cause of my weird photo errors was most likely due to restoring from my latest iPhone backup.

Soooo I guess what I'm gonna do is just restore again and set up as a new phone and NOT restore from my latest back up and just put my things back on one by one.

What sucks about this is loosing all my old photos that were in my camera roll :(. Anyone know of a way to manually retrieve those?

Hey dude, use ifiles, iexplorer, funbox or similar program to access and save all your photos to computer. i use ifiles, you can move the photos inside the phones file system without a computer.
As for this issue, appears to be on non-jailbroken devices also. Apples update appears to have added bugs rather than resolved them. Was Apple always so incompetent, or have they just turned to s**t since Steve passed on?