What's new

We are moving from Blackberrys.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found directions ... going to try it now ... will let you know how it works

Last edited by a moderator:
yes it worked ... I have all 720 contacts on my iPhone ...

now if I can figure out the Sprint website to activate my iPhone we'll be aaaaaaaaaall set !:photos:

BTW, I talked with 2 people at Apple on the phone yesterday, neither of whom had any clue how to transfer the contacts without using some Micro$oft thingie .... Outlock ... OutLaw .... something like that I think they called it, ;-)

ok guy,
i had a blackberry myslef.
1 use your bb desktop and click organize
2 it will promt you to save a series of things like contacts, calanders, tasks, memos things like that check each box and go there the steps
3 when doing so it will tell you to choose 4 to 5 things to save it as. pick yahoo
6 next window will tell you to put your password it will send it your mail

now there are 2 ways of doing this. the best way in doing this is when you set up your i phone when setting up your email account it will ask you to want your contacts, calenders, memo's on it. slide it so they say its on.

2nd way... when pluging your iphone click on your phone and your see a new page where it says summery, info, pictures, movies, music... ect. pick info scroll down and click on snyc contacts. it will give your choices use yahoo. when your done click apply on the bottom right corner.

i hope i helped.... maybe somebody can clear it up a little better other then me.

troubledcheech

Welcome aboard the apple train.... :)

This might seem like a stupid question but why are you guys going to all this trouble to transfer contacts from battle tested Blackberry to the "I can do no wrong" iPhone? Can't you use bluetooth to do this? When I went from my Treo 755P to Blackberry 8330 and 8530, then to my Samsung Transform (android) (All Sprint). I did this all using blue tooth. Worked like a charm. My 17 year old has drunk the koolaid so she wants the 64gb Iphone 4S for xmas. Knowing she has hundreds of contacts on her 8530 BB, please tell me that it's going to be easier then what I've read here. :(

It WAS easy. I wish there was a way to mark the thread solved. I just did what the thread said. I used Desktop Manager to export them. After I got them on iCloud they then were magically on the MacBook Pro, iPhone, and my iPad2. For me, iCloud just worked like it says.

That's great. I was looking at pros/cons for my kid going from a BB to the iPhone on Sprints network. Seems I see good and bad but mostly, it's the phone. But for future reference, blue tooth is the way to go when your transferring back and forth unless Apple in thier wisdom crippled the ability to do that. Not sure what the iPhone can do or can't but if it's something they can make you pay for, you will. I'm still on the fence about getting her the apple phone 4gs from Sprint. Was hoping she would go with the Motorola Titanium. At least if she drops it in water, it will survive. Teens are rough on phones. Learned that the hard way. Good luck.

This might seem like a stupid question but why are you guys going to all this trouble to transfer contacts from battle tested Blackberry to the "I can do no wrong" iPhone? Can't you use bluetooth to do this? When I went from my Treo 755P to Blackberry 8330 and 8530, then to my Samsung Transform (android) (All Sprint). I did this all using blue tooth. Worked like a charm. My 17 year old has drunk the koolaid so she wants the 64gb Iphone 4S for xmas. Knowing she has hundreds of contacts on her 8530 BB, please tell me that it's going to be easier then what I've read here. :(

I had a BB 8330 for 3 years and I loved it. Got two of the BB 9930 and they both went back. I got the iPhone 4S and love that as much if not more than the BB.

You can use Google Sync and it works great.

Just be sure all of your contacts are on Google. You'll see my post about the 720 I had ... biz related. Then I synced my iPhone from Google and they all transferred fine.

Sprint will do that contact change for you, but since I found they don't really know anyhing about the iPhone I'd rather take my Apple products to the Genius bar as I could do the contact transfer myself.

If you put all of the contacts on Google account before you get the iPhone, you'll be fine. There are posts on Google searches which will explain the simple procedure.

It WAS easy. I wish there was a way to mark the thread solved. I just did what the thread said. I used Desktop Manager to export them. After I got them on iCloud they then were magically on the MacBook Pro, iPhone, and my iPad2. For me, iCloud just worked like it says.

I have iOS5 and iCloud on the iPHone but am still on Snow Leopard on my MacBook Pro and won't go to Lion til my next computer.

When I tried to sync my iPhone 4S calendar to my MacBook Pro calendar completely erased everything on my MacBook Pro which of course was 95% of my appointments for the next 4 months.

I told Apple on the phone that that should be in large letters some place ... but I don't think they care, frankly.

There is still no one at Apple or the Apple store that can give me a straight answer about all of this .... so I don't recommend sync iPhone to Snow Leopard Mac.
At least until I can get someone at Apple who can tell me what happened. All they say is "That shouldn't have happened." Eeeek !

Simply connect your BlackBerry to your PC and start the BlackBerry Desktop software. Go to Device, Backup, and back up your phone - making sure that the Contacts are being backed up.
Now that your Contacts are on your PC, simply connect your iPhone and launch iTunes. Just below the main playback information window. Select 'Info', and then tick the box next to 'Sync Contacts'. The next time you sync your iPhone on that PC your contacts will sync with your iPhone.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a really old thread so i will close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.