What's new

Waterproof or water-resistant storage case for 4S: does anyone make such an item?

myrrh

Reaction score
I have a very small rubber-bumper type edge case for my 4s as I want as small an item as possible to carry.

There are times when I'm working out on the farm and I don't want the phone in my pocket or on my person and I want to put it in my storage tray on my ATV while I work on whatever I'm working on.

Because it risks getting dumped off my ATV or getting a chain saw thrown on top of it, I want to store it in a waterproof or water-resistant storage case - not a case meant to allow use of the device.

Anyone know of such an item?

In the form of a small slim form factor, none that I know of that won't cost you a fortune for being custom made. But something like Lifeproof and Otterbox should do the trick.

In the form of a small slim form factor, none that I know of

I don't care how big it is because I am not going to carry it on my person.

But something like Lifeproof and Otterbox should do the trick.

Do those brands make storage cases? (NOT cases meant to allow access to use the device)?

They're basically military approved designs depending on the model that you get, the one that Otterbox is releasing in a few weeks called the Otterbox Armor basically is a tank of a case for your iPhone, sustains hundreds of pounds of weight/pressure on it, water resistant (waterproof if you're worried about dropping it in a mudbath or a body of water that's =/<4-5 feet) and is a full body cover. Lifeproof is straight up waterproof all the way through. If you just want a storage box or case of some sort, you can go old-school with the Otterbox 3000 or 3250 series. It's crushproof, waterproof, etc. And it comes with a convenient little strap to strap on to something if you want rather than just to leave it on a tray or deck and such.

http://www.otterbox.com/otterbox-3000-cases/otterbox-3000-cases,default,sc.html

Here's a link to Otterbox's list of 3000 series cases (more like boxes). I have the 3250, bought it for a hiking trip and boy was that bugger worth every penny. I dropped it and it started 'rolling' or maybe 'bouncing' down a slope for a good 30-40 feet, and it's still intact minus a very slight strands of scratches when it went face first with the gravel. Best $30 I've ever spent TBH

Last edited:
You can get an otter box dry box as well if you want a water tight "box" to put your phone in for bouncing around on the four wheeler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can get an otter box dry box as well if you want a water tight "box" to put your phone in for bouncing around on the four wheeler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are the dryboxes :p The 3000s is a bit better than the 1000s/2000s in terms of applied pressure, plus they look nice compared to the 8000 and 9000 >.<

Last edited: