What's new

iPhone Waterproof Case

Vandygirl

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recomondation for a waterproof iphone case? I just got my 4s after dropping my Android (sorry) in the pool and I don't want to do that again! my friend has the lifeproof case but i am unsure because her biggest complaint is the screen protector. She says it's hard to work sometimes, unresponsive to touch and makes the screen look funny...I saw another case on kickstarter that is similar but with no screen cover
Meet Nautilus: Amazing waterproof case for iPhone 4/4S/5 by Peter Ghali — Kickstarter

but before i gave them money for a case i wanted to see if there was anything else out there.

Liquipel and any case you want. Because Lifeproof isn't waterproof. It is only water resistant. Seriously 6 feet and there is a time limit? How is that waterproof?

I honestly still love and use my lifeproof case. The screen thing doesn't bother me. I have used it in pools and hot tubs with no issue. No I would not want it to go deep in a pool. I just played with it in shallow area and then put it away

If you want all around protection from drops and rain and occasional spill on it. Lifeproof is the balls! Sure at home I may put it in another case for a change but any outdoor activity it's in the lifeproof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My friend also had a problem with hers getting moisture on the inside under the screen making it discolored like a rainbow, did yours ever have a problem like that?

Skull One said:
Liquipel and any case you want. Because Lifeproof isn't waterproof. It is only water resistant. Seriously 6 feet and there is a time limit? How is that waterproof?

I don't think most people want to scuba dive with their phone. They just want to know it is safe if the drop it in the pot or fall into a pool.

I don't think most people want to scuba dive with their phone. They just want to know it is safe if the drop it in the pot or fall into a pool.

Actually I wouldn't trust Lifeproof to protect against either. But that is just me.

I had a buddy at work drop his 4S into some chemical. It was basically soap. We were getting ready to leave location and he noticed it laying there. Under 4" of it for about 15min. It seeped right through and ruined his phone. I've heard many people like the case. I think it is nifty. Just wouldn't trust it for what it claims to protect against. I have a screen protector and Speck case on mine. Stays in the truck at work. My work 3GS is in an Otterbox Defender. Now I would recommend that case for work. Haha.

Is the Otterbox waterproof? The thing I really liked about a waterproof case is being able to turn my phone into an underwater camera. I live in Florida so I am in water a lot, sometimes I go for a swim and sometimes just my phone ;-)

No. The Otterbox is not waterproof. Just really great for drops, bangs, scratches. Things like that.

The Otterbox isn't waterproof, but I know Lifeproof makes cases that are. Everyone i've talked to said they are more than worth the price for the quality and protection you get from it.

I have no experience with these but they sure look cool.

The TAKTIK from LUNATIK.

(New here not sure on the policy for posting links)

The ports are even covers with goretex and you can get the cover glass in Gorilla glass.

Sure looks cool. Anybody have experience with them?

I read they were a protect on Kickstart that got the funding and greenlight. They have a 4/4S version and are making a 5.

I have no experience with these but they sure look cool.

The TAKTIK from LUNATIK.

(New here not sure on the policy for posting links)

The ports are even covers with goretex and you can get the cover glass in Gorilla glass.

Sure looks cool. Anybody have experience with them?

I read they were a protect on Kickstart that got the funding and greenlight. They have a 4/4S version and are making a 5.

That one isn't fully water proof either. I almost backed that one until I took some measurements and realized how massive it really was. The thickness didn't bother me as much as the width. 9 mm on each side is quite a bit in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Hmmmm, now that you mention it, the specs make it pretty massive. LOL. Dang it. It looks cool. Too bad.