What's new

Water Damaged iPhone.. HELP!

allieconstance

Reaction score
Okay so I dropped my phone in the toilet.. accidentally of course. And after drying it out everything seemed to work fine.. until the next day! Now certain sounds aren't working correctly.. click sounds, text tones, music, etc. unless I have my headphones plugged in. They seem to work for a second when I slide to unlock the first time but after that, nothing. I have my phone in a bag of rice as we speak but I'm worried I have messed something up internally and that it cannot be fixed. Is there any way to fix this problem without having to replace anything??

Should've put it in rice to begin with and left it there for a while. Only time will tell

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Okay so I dropped my phone in the toilet.. accidentally of course. And after drying it out everything seemed to work fine.. until the next day! Now certain sounds aren't working correctly.. click sounds, text tones, music, etc. unless I have my headphones plugged in. They seem to work for a second when I slide to unlock the first time but after that, nothing. I have my phone in a bag of rice as we speak but I'm worried I have messed something up internally and that it cannot be fixed. Is there any way to fix this problem without having to replace anything??

I have read your problem. I think you go to the an Apple show room and repair your phone or You can go to the near service center and repair your phone. Further you have no any option for your damaged iPhone.

I have also learned just now that when my phone is on a dock, the sounds work but only for second. Could my dock connecter be the issue?

there is probably moisture still in there,leave it in the rice for as long as you can,as chris said above,time will tell.

You have contact the nearest Iphone service care for your problem.One thing you should do,try to put your phone in sunlight for two or three days.Hopefully it work.