What's new

Watching videos saved on my hard drive

Tricon7

Reaction score
I have numerous technical videos on my computer's hard drive, and they're roughly 30 minutes in length. I can plug in my external hard drive and watch them on any computer, but is there a way to access something like this on my iPhone? The videos are too long for Youtube, otherwise I'd post them there for access.

why not just convert it to mp4 and upload it to your iphone? or dont you want to waste the space?

though i think youtube videos can be up to 20 minutes long now and if you request you can have them as long as you like

why not just convert it to mp4 and upload it to your iphone? or dont you want to waste the space?

though i think youtube videos can be up to 20 minutes long now and if you request you can have them as long as you like

I hadn't thought of converting them. They're audio files, so they shouldn't be a problem.

I also found an app called Dropbox, which will store up to 2GB of space free of charge on their servers. Then you can access your data through their app on your iPhone. That sounds like the way to go in this case.

well what ever works for you... if it was me i would just upload it from itunes and use it straight from the iphone with out having to be online to listen to it... and it has 16/32GB space

I hadn't thought of converting them. They're audio files, so they shouldn't be a problem.

I also found an app called Dropbox, which will store up to 2GB of space free of charge on their servers. Then you can access your data through their app on your iPhone. That sounds like the way to go in this case.

Heuuu you will need internet to access dropbox compare to if you upload them to your itunes app on your phone. You can play it whenever you want. Unless your purpose is to share it.

Heuuu you will need internet to access dropbox compare to if you upload them to your itunes app on your phone. You can play it whenever you want. Unless your purpose is to share it.

The tutorial videos are several gigabytes in size. I'm not sure I want to eat up all my 16GB of space for them. However, I suppose that I could transfer a few vids at a time instead of the whole set. Or either watch them, then delete them off my iPhone when I'm done to free the space back up again.

This iPhone is the coolest thing ever! (Did I mention that I'm brand new to smartphones?)

The tutorial videos are several gigabytes in size. I'm not sure I want to eat up all my 16GB of space for them. However, I suppose that I could transfer a few vids at a time instead of the whole set. Or either watch them, then delete them off my iPhone when I'm done to free the space back up again.

This iPhone is the coolest thing ever! (Did I mention that I'm brand new to smartphones?)

Yeah, watch them and delete them. That works fine. And welcome to the smarphones world :)