What's new

Wall adapter

diesel

Reaction score
My iPhone 4's wall adapter recently blew up while my iPhone was charging. Thank God both the iPhone and the USB cable didn't get damaged. I have been charging my iPhone with a pc since then as I couldn't find a place where they were selling original iPhone wall adapter. I live in Pakistan so there's no Apple store here.
I have finally come across this shop which is selling the original and the copy both but I didn't buy it as yet because I am not sure how to know whether it's the original one or is he just saying so because they look the same to me.
Any way I can find that out?

Take both side by side and compare the quality of the cables. They will have differences at some point, the one which will seem to be almost perfect and with minimal defects (even the specs characters on the cable) will likely be the good one.

do the same; compare both of them having them side by side. I mean, that's all you can actually do, unless you trust the seller and buy what he says it's original.

I don't even think that it matters unless it doesn't work as good as your previous one, which was an apple original, I presume.

The one that blew up was original Apple. I'll go there today and take pics if I myself can't make my mind.

bab2010 said:
Ok do that and try to take a best picture you can.

Yes sure. But I hope I am able to tell the difference by myself.
Can you upload a detailed picture of your adapter? Because my original one is totally black now.

7b79714d-caec-15ff.jpg
7b79714d-cb0c-5324.jpg
7b79714d-cb22-cafd.jpg
7b79714d-cb3d-7a94.jpg

Thanks man. I see you have the UK charger. The one that came with my iPhone was a US charger as the iPhone itself was from there.

That doesn't look familiar at all because I'm in the US. Still looks authentic, though. If it comes in a box, look for any misspellings that are obvious, because counterfeit or replicas can never legally be the exact same.

I couldn't go today, entire day got wasted working on my car. I'll keep you guys updated once I go there.