What's new

waiting for activation

amandeep.i4

Reaction score
i bought this iphone 4 from uk. (factory unlocked, sim free from i-store). as micro chips arnt available in india, i cut my sim accordingly and now in the network selection it displays the network , but isnt connecting to it and i m gettin a msg of "waiting for activation, this may take some time".

Are you in India? I don't know about India but in the U.S., you have to go to iTunes and accept the terms and agreement before you can use/activate the iPhone 4. Have you installed the latest iTunes on your computer and have you connected your phone to your computer? I would try that.

Are you in India? I don't know about India but in the U.S., you have to go to iTunes and accept the terms and agreement before you can use/activate the iPhone 4. Have you installed the latest iTunes on your computer and have you connected your phone to your computer? I would try that.
Thanks 1badsup for the response.Ya I am in India.I have already latest itunes and accepted . But still seeing the message "waiting for activation, this may take some time".

Yes, must be a network problem and/or a problem with the cut sim card. If you are past the connect to iTunes screen you are activated with apple.

I called Apple as I had the same problem. Apple told me it could "take some time". They wouldn't give me a time frame but after 6 hours of waiting it finally activated.