What's new

iPhone 4 Activation Problem

tintin

Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently located in India and bought a new sealed Factory Unlocked iPhone 4 from Australia. I have tried to activate iPhone 4 using "YouSIM" micro SIM card. After inserting "YouSIM" card into iPhone 4, I could see the slide bar and then all icons on the 1st page. I have connected iPhone 4 to iTunes 9.2 and it is searching for a network for 1-2 minutes and displaying a message "Waiting for activation This may take some time" screen. I have left the iPhone 4 with the same message overnight and still that message was there. I have pressed the "dismiss" button to get out of that message. As I am using "YouSIM" (phonebook) micro SIM card, it is showing "No Service". I have tried with other carrier micro SIM card(made a micro SIM card from mini SIM card) and inserted into iPhone 4. This time the USB cable symbol is coming and could not see any icons. How can I activate my iPhone 4 using "YouSIM" (phone book) card thereby it will work with any other micro SIM. Kindly suggest.

Regards,
tintin

any one can help me with the described problem?

Hi Jedicreator,

I have tried with your suggestion with two different micro sim cards. Whenever I use "YOUSIM/PHONEBOOK" sim card it showing all icons. At the moment I replace this SIM with Airtel SIM card it is automatically changing the screen to "USB connecting to iTunes" screen. Kindly suggest if you have any solution for this.

Thanks & Regards

hmm, I thought you suppose to get the "USB connect to iphone" screen??

Am I right or am i right?

Yes, I am getting "USB connect to iTunes" picture with slide to unlock bar on the screen whenever I insert Airtel micro SIM. If I unlock the "slide to unlock bar" it will show emergency calls screen. I cannot do anything beyond this. As I have already connected iTunes in my PC it showing an error message "The SIM inserted in iPhone does not appear to be supported".

If I replace the above Airtel micro SIM with "Phonebook SIM" I could see all icons on the screen and iTunes on my PC will display all the options for updates, recovery etc...

Kindly suggest what could be the problem.

looking at the YouSim site they show a 3in1 simcard that is supported. If your not using that 3in1 card then your card is probally not supoorted.

I am using 3 IN 1 YouSIM card only. With this card I could see all the apps in my iPhone 4. Plesae note that my iPhone 4 is with iOS 4.0.2. With this 3 IN 1 YouSIM card it is showing "No Service" and "Waiting for activation. This may take some time" for several hours without any activation message. Kindly suggest what to do.

Sorry, I was away for few days. I just want to give a quick summary of my problem. I request any one of you to help me in this regard.

I am currently in India and purchased iPhone 4 from Australia(factory unlocked). I am not sure which software was installed initially but I have upgraded to iOS4.1 with baseband 02.10.04 as soon as I have received it from Australia. My iPhone 4 was brand new factory unlocked as per the original receipt received.

I have tried activating with the below SIM cards but could not do that.
1) YouSIM 3-in-1 card : I could see all the apps on the screen and successfully completed copying and backup. There was a message "Waiting for activation. This may take some time" and this message will never go even after waiting for 6-8 hrs.

2) Airtel SIM (made mini SIM to micro SIM using cutter) - both old and new SIM cards : With this SIM card I always see a cable connecting to iPhone symbol and emergency screen after sliding.

Can anyone help me what should I do to activate my iPhone 4 with iOS4.1?
I know that there will be a jailbreak coming soon for iPhone 4 with iOS4.1. But I do not want to use jailbreak as my iPhone is factory unlocked. Kindly suggest.

Thanks