What's new

Vpn pptp did not respond when connecting

neil12i

Reaction score
Im trying to connect to vpn using pptp here in my iphone 4s. I already have working vpn connection using linksys rv042. Pptp dialer is working at windows computer. but Im unable to use it on my iphone4s. I used ipaddress for the server name and password.

Im trying to connect to vpn using pptp here in my iphone 4s. I already have working vpn connection using linksys rv042. Pptp dialer is working at windows computer. but Im unable to use it on my iphone4s. I used ipaddress for the server name and password.

And password for what?

Password that i configure on linksysrv042

You just need to configure your PPTP VPN settings on your Iphone 4s. Setting up VPN on iPhone 4 is quite as simple and as similar to setting up VPN on iPad. Its not as difficult or technical a task that many of us think it is.its easy and like other VPN Setups a piece of cake.
Following are the simple steps to establish a PPTP VPN connection on your iPhone.
  1. Tap on your iPhone Settings Icon.
  2. Tap General.
  3. Tap Network.
  4. Tap VPN.
  5. Now you will find an option to configure a VPN connection named “Add VPN Configuration”.
  6. Select PPTP, i’ll let you know about the L2TP setup, later in this post.
  7. Simply, add your VPN configuration being provided by your VPN Service Provider.
  8. Description is simply the Name that you want to give to your VPN Connection. Name it whatever you want to name it. e.g. Bestvpnservice.com.
  9. Now Server name is only provided by the VPN service provider. It will be like “connect.xyz.com”. Do not try and put this as your server name, it won’t work. It will only be provided by your service provider.
    icon_smile.gif
  10. Similar to your Server Name, Your Account Name and Password will also be provided by your VPN Service provider.
  11. After adding the information in these three fields. Set your RSA Secure ID to Off.
  12. Set your encryption level to Auto.
  13. Set, “Send All Traffic” to “ON”
  14. Save the Configurations and return back to the Home Screen of your iPhone.
  15. Tap your Settings once again and now Magic! you will see VPN Slider Tab added to your settings, just below your WiFi Tab.
  16. Set it to ON. You will have your VPN up and running.
Hope it will helpful for you.

Last edited:
You just need to configure your PPTP VPN settings on your Iphone 4s. Setting up VPN on iPhone 4 is quite as simple and as similar to setting up VPN on iPad. Its not as difficult or technical a task that many of us think it is.its easy and like other VPN Setups a piece of cake.
Following are the simple steps to establish a PPTP VPN connection on your iPhone.
  1. Tap on your iPhone Settings Icon.
  2. Tap General.
  3. Tap Network.
  4. Tap VPN.
  5. Now you will find an option to configure a VPN connection named “Add VPN Configuration”.
  6. Select PPTP, i’ll let you know about the L2TP setup, later in this post.
  7. Simply, add your VPN configuration being provided by your VPN Service Provider.
  8. Description is simply the Name that you want to give to your VPN Connection. Name it whatever you want to name it. e.g. Bestvpnservice.com.
  9. Now Server name is only provided by the VPN service provider. It will be like “connect.xyz.com”. Do not try and put this as your server name, it won’t work. It will only be provided by your service provider.
    icon_smile.gif
  10. Similar to your Server Name, Your Account Name and Password will also be provided by your VPN Service provider.
  11. After adding the information in these three fields. Set your RSA Secure ID to Off.
  12. Set your encryption level to Auto.
  13. Set, “Send All Traffic” to “ON”
  14. Save the Configurations and return back to the Home Screen of your iPhone.
  15. Tap your Settings once again and now Magic! you will see VPN Slider Tab added to your settings, just below your WiFi Tab.
  16. Set it to ON. You will have your VPN up and running.
Hope it will helpful for you.

thanks for the rply but this is still not working.

this are my settings on iphone4s

server: 200.200.200.200 (this is the public ip of my internet connected on my linksys RV042)
account: abcde (this is configured on linksys RV042)
password: 1234567 (this is configured on linksys RV042)

server: 200.200.200.200 (this is the public ip of my internet connected on my linksys RV042)
I see you seems to not understand what is a VPN. You can't use your router info in the VPN setting, it will not work :)
Look for "VPN Express" in the app store, install it and create an account, use your account info to setup your VPN. VPN Express offer 100MB for free for 1 month so you can use that 100MB to try that VPN.

I think you are using linksys router, sorry dear unable to find solution because i never use linksys connection. you should ask to its support or simply post this question in there forum:
LinksysInfo.org

Hi everybody. I'm from Chile and have the same problem. I'm talking to technical support of cellphone company. Iphone 4S 16GB