What's new

Voice to text sucks!

One other issue to be considered is that because the voice data has to be recognized by an Apple server, a good strong internet connection is needed. Be it via cellular or WiFi, a less than good signal equals less than good performance. Good luck. Please let us know if you find a solution that works for you.

Does anyone else have issues with iPhone voice to text feature? I get so frustrated every time I try to use it because I have to edit almost every word that I say. I use very distinct and clear pronunciations and Siri almost always gets it wrong. Constant editing is driving me nuts!

Come on Apple! By now you should have it perfected. When I was on android I never had an issue at all!!!

I said the word "began" and this was the result every time: Bee Gann, beacon, pecan, again... I almost threw my phone against the wall!!!

I just switched to iphone after never using anything but an android from the beginning of smartphones and this issue is THE FIRST thing i noticed. android got it right probably 90% of the time and apple MAYBE 35% of the time. who knows why. i certainly haven't changed the way i speak since switching to apple. i wonder if it has anything to do with android using google search vs safari?
weird but it just really REALLY bugs me. i hate typing text. i use voice dictation ALOT. maybe if i didn't i wouldn't care so much and would easily state i'll never go back to android. everything with an iphone...just works. (except voice text lol) so i'm overall happy with the switch. lets just hope it gets better and better.

The more you use it, the better it should get as it learns your unique pronunciation.

For me it works great as long as I don’t try to use it while talking in my Bluetooth headset.
Turning it off while using it and it works almost 100%.
If I’m on Bluetooth headset it doesn’t get more than like 30% right.
It is a bit strange.
Hope you find a solution to your issue

For me it works great as long as I don’t try to use it while talking in my Bluetooth headset.
Turning it off while using it and it works almost 100%.
If I’m on Bluetooth headset it doesn’t get more than like 30% right.
It is a bit strange.
Hope you find a solution to your issue

Something I probably should have made note of in my last post is that sounds in the background (car radio, other nearby conversations or noise) will interfere with the voice recognition process as well.

It is definitely mixed results. I've had some days that were fine and others I think I was speaking Alien. Androids were definitely better. BTW I usually have a voice very similar to a person on the radio so it's not me. (a long time ago I was) Normally Forrest Gump speak seems to work the best. This is on an iphone 8 less than a month old btw. I do wish that changing words after the fact was easier. I miss my arrow keys since trying to lets say hit the area above here between Forrest and Gump would usually highlight above/below anywhere but where I want.
Your mileage may vary. Mine did

I do wish that changing words after the fact was easier. I miss my arrow keys since trying to lets say hit the area above here between Forrest and Gump would usually highlight above/below anywhere but where I want.

Haha, yeah. Sometimes it's fine, but sometimes it keeps trying to do something completely different than what I want to do, so then I have to click an area no where near where I want it, then come back to where I want it, then it's usually good to go.

How does Bluetooth affect voice to text if I may ask?? Just curios. Thx for any and all replies.

How does Bluetooth affect voice to text if I may ask?? Just curios. Thx for any and all replies.
If you speak into the phone or iPad and the bluetooth is connected to a speaker it will give you garbled text. So more accurately I should have said make sure you are not connected to a speaker or other sound source that could make your speech unclear.