What's new

Vodafone Gets iPhone 4 in Germany

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
vodafone-logo-1.jpg

Total Telecom reports today that Vodafone, the second-largest mobile carrier in Germany, has announced that it will be carrying the iPhone 4 in Germany from October 27. Although as with most carriers, prices will vary depending on the customer’s contract, Total Telecom reports that the basic monthly fee, including the cost of the iPhone, will be between €24.95 AND €99.95. Vodafone will be selling the iPhone 4 in over 1,600 of its German shops, as well as on its website, vodfone.de, where it currently has a form you can complete to register your interest in the iPhone 4.

This latest news from Vodafone in Germany follows on from last week’s announcement from Telefonica O2 that it will also soon be selling the iPhone 4 in Germany, ending Deutsche Telekom AG’s exclusivity deal with Apple to carry the iPhone in the huge German market. German newspaper Die Welt recently reported that while the Vodafone iPhone 4 will be locked into that network, the Telefonica 02 version will be unlocked and usable on any network.

Source: Total Telecom

When I was in Germany in this September, I couldn't connect my new iPhone4 to Vodafone. I felt sorry.

In Germany, Vodafone becomes second largest mobile company. That allows all 4g functionality. Now vodefone moving on O2 mobiles. Telekom Deutschland (former T-Mobile) has had the right to sell the Apple iPhone in Germany exclusively since the launch of the first iPhone in 2007. Now, other operators such as Vodafone and O2 Germany may market the Apple iPhone in Germany.