What's new

virus protection

So far no virus issues with iPhone. But will be getting iPad once iPad 3 released. Just not sure what is going to keep out virus once on Internet for iPhone or iPad.

The reason no viruses affect a smart phone like viruses affect pc's/laptops is the way the Internet is written over a smart phone. Let's say you get emails via your pc, the numeracy that's written via this way allows for viruses to slip in. The reason there has been no issues via a smart phone, iphone or otherwise is the numeracy writing is completely different. You can see this when you click on some web pages and it takes you to a mobile version of the website. When a virus tries to attack your smart phone (and believe me they do) the number side if things doesn't recognise it so doesn't allow it through. Smart phone web only allows a certain batch of numbers anything else is thrown out. Hackers are constantly trying to bypass this but up to now its impossible. This is why you don't get viruses nothing to do with apple. How ever more and more are opting to use their smart phone pretty much like a laptop. But even then the software inside your smart phone still acts the same way. A mobile version. It's a hackers nightmare!

Sent from my iPhone 4 iOS 5 using Tapatalk

sure, different languages, but malware's becoming increasingly prevalent in the mobile sector, especially for Android. so far the most common attack vector is a Trojan embedded in a fake app. It is interesting how Apple's not affected...but I've attributed it to a single app store and a closed architecture.

gottasrt4 said:
sure, different languages, but malware's becoming increasingly prevalent in the mobile sector, especially for Android. so far the most common attack vector is a Trojan embedded in a fake app. It is interesting how Apple's not affected...but I've attributed it to a single app store and a closed architecture.

That's exactly why Apple isn't affected. They review every app that comes through. Android let's apps run wild, then has to go look for the malicious app when reported and remove it. That's a downside to the "open app market".

That's exactly why Apple isn't affected. They review every app that comes through. Android let's apps run wild, then has to go look for the malicious app when reported and remove it. That's a downside to the "open app market".

Exactly. And let's hope apple never change this.

iHolophyte said:
Control freak is good sometimes then dde04 ha ha

I'll admit it's nice for their iOS line! It's a very good thing for the average user. For more hardcore users, there's jailbreaking. 8)!

My favourite quote from another member,

The worst thing about apple is that it is closed, the best thing about apple is that it's closed. The best thing about android is that it's open, the worst thing about android is that it's open...

My favourite quote from another member,

The worst thing about apple is that it is closed, the best thing about apple is that it's closed. The best thing about android is that it's open, the worst thing about android is that it's open...

Ha ha