What's new

Can you download a virus on your iphone

Very good question, that i would like to know also

Technically you could.... But most viruses are intended to be passed on from computer to computer and since phones are not networked in the same way you have far less of them... Also, that's part of why apple screens almost all files that are downloadable to protect your device. Thirdly if you keep your phone backed up correctly it will take you 15min to restore back.

Thanks for your responses

Mike Adams

Hi I got on the net from my pc to see if there is any kind of APP for virus protection on the iphone4. I have been checking my emails from my iphone4 and all i have been getting is viruses emails sent out to people with links in it. So yes there are viruses that can get from emails to emails off your iphones as well as what ever site you go onto from your iphones. I am still trying to find out something to stop this. Any ideas or anyone know of an app would help. I may have to go to my phone comp. soon and talk with them...
Thanks

I don't know about viruses for sure but I've gotten malware on my iphone before. You have to be careful about downloading apps and what sites you visit to

Hi I got on the net from my pc to see if there is any kind of APP for virus protection on the iphone4. I have been checking my emails from my iphone4 and all i have been getting is viruses emails sent out to people with links in it. So yes there are viruses that can get from emails to emails off your iphones as well as what ever site you go onto from your iphones. I am still trying to find out something to stop this. Any ideas or anyone know of an app would help. I may have to go to my phone comp. soon and talk with them...
Thanks

Don't be stupid!! I would ignore everything this idiot just said....

Guys, there are no virus/malware in apps or emails on the iPhone. The app store controls all apps and checks them before they are ever released for public download. As far as emails if you have an account that is hacked/is sending spam It's coming from your mail account on the SERVER not your iPhone. You need to contact you ISP to get it taken care of.

Guys, there are no virus/malware in apps or emails on the iPhone. The app store controls all apps and checks them before they are ever released for public download. As far as emails if you have an account that is hacked/is sending spam It's coming from your mail account on the SERVER not your iPhone. You need to contact you ISP to get it taken care of.

That's not entirely true! You can get viruses very easily by installing apps, packages or system tweaks from Cydia. I recommend not entering any strange repo source into Cydia and then install any apps, packages or system tweaks that you have not researched about because for all we know, they could be easily infected by viruses and what is even more dangerous is the fact that Cydia allows packages to have access to the root directory on your iDevice which is all the virus needs to destroy your iPhone's hard drive. Community Sources and Repositories already on Cydia will most likely be safe to install from, However even they are not 100% safe because anyone can upload a package to these repos and depending on how busy these repo owners get may determine if they check each and every package that comes through their repos. I strongly advise that you be aware of what your installing from Cydia.

A very good point! But for the regular un-jailbroken users don't worry about it.

Virus is a virus, it will get you if it wants you. LoL