What's new

iphone app virus?

john doe

Reaction score
can an app get a virus?

i have this skee ball app ,every time (recently) i go to try to play it, it starts to load ,then another screen loads over it and takes me to another app download page .

there is a small blue "done" button lower right corner but even hitting that doesnt stop it from going to the web to download another app .

cant even play the skee ball game at this point ,just keeps redirecting .

any ideas?

iNo, you don't have a virus. You just have an app that is poorly coded. Either it was designed to make you go buy other apps or its coding is messed up so that you are taken away from the app. In other words, it's not you or your phone - it's the app.

My suggestion is to contact the developer to see if a fix is in the works or if they are aware of it. If they don't reply or can't fix it, my only other suggestion is to find another skeeball app.

Marilyn

it wasnt always this way ,just started doing it the other day . not sure why . far as i know there has never been an update for it .
maybe delete it and reload it from my backup?

and its doing it on my wifes ipad as well .

heres what i am getting now .i deleted this app and reloaded from itunes and it is still doing it .

Does the skeeball app have ads? If so, it may be a web app that uses JavaScript and you're experiencing the JavaScript ads hijacking that seems to be popular with advertisers these days.

seems everything has ads anymore .when i was away from the house and had cell data turned off for the app i was able to play .
i never had a problem with it previously.
i tell ya ,ads,ads,ads,....cant anything be add free anymore? its just sickening

seems everything has ads anymore .when i was away from the house and had cell data turned off for the app i was able to play .
i never had a problem with it previously.
i tell ya ,ads,ads,ads,....cant anything be add free anymore? its just sickening
The fact that you were able to play the game normally, while in what was effectively airplane mode, shows that this is exactly the problem that I previously mentioned.

I despise ads and refuse to use apps that implement them - save for Safari, of course.