What's new

virgin question

waldoe

Reaction score
So, I'm with virgin wireless (canada) on an unlocked 3gs. My account is pay as you go. Last month I got the usual text message "failed $25.00 plan. Account balance too low for monthy payment. current rate is .35$ per minute" I checked my balance it was at 0$. I have been using my phone for a good 3 weeks with no time on it. my prepaid plan has expired and I'm wondering how this phone is still sending texts.

Maybe through iMessage?

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

No, I only have a few people in my contacts with iPhones and I only talk to them sporadically. It's really peaked my curiosity

Not sure about Virgin, but there was this old "exploit" from T-Mobile that they fixed a few years back, where if you were on a prepaid plan, and you drained out your prepaid balance on a Sidekick, you could still text and web but not call even though your balance is at $0.00 and non-refilling. Might be that Virgin isn't registering the fact that you no longer have a balance and such. Or it could be using up the last of the refill made?

Thanks for all the Ideas. I think it likely that virgin isn't registering my zero balance. I will continue to use it until they catch the error.