What's new

ViP4 OTA settings update??

iJay

Reaction score
So today, I get a notification on my ViP4 that a carrier settings update is available and do I want to update now. Me being the paranoid government employee that I am, I didn't click anything, I just powered off the phone then turned it back on.

Anyone else get this? The two options were update and not now.

iJay said:
So today, I get a notification on my ViP4 that a carrier settings update is available and do I want to update now. Me being the paranoid government employee that I am, I didn't click anything, I just powered off the phone then turned it back on.

Anyone else get this? The two options were update and not now.

That carrier update won't do anything to your device. Its just a carrier configuration

I figured it wouldn't do anything noticeable. Just didn't know if anyone else had received it. I got it agai. And accepted it.

iJay said:
I figured it wouldn't do anything noticeable. Just didn't know if anyone else had received it. I got it agai. And accepted it.

I haven't received one.

I got the upgrade notification and did it last night, it didnt ask me to reboot or anything but i rebooted anyway about an hour later in case it needed a restart to take effect, no changes noticed

Tekki said:
I got the upgrade notification and did it last night, it didnt ask me to reboot or anything but i rebooted anyway about an hour later in case it needed a restart to take effect, no changes noticed

same here

is it okay to update if your jailbroken?
im new the whole jailbreak thing, and i dont want to lose it
Thanks.