What's new

Verizon carrier setting update....?

jm1797

Reaction score
Just got the "carrier settings update available" "cancel or update" notification on my 4S. Anyone else get this and updated? Is it safe to update without effecting the jailbreak? I know they usually are but just wanted to check before I do the update.

On Verizon iPhone 4S 5.0.1 jailbroken.

jm1797 said:
Just got the "carrier settings update available" "cancel or update" notification on my 4S. Anyone else get this and updated? Is it safe to update without effecting the jailbreak? I know they usually are but just wanted to check before I do the update.

On Verizon iPhone 4S 5.0.1 jailbroken.

Yup. Totally safe mate. It is always good to apply this update when you see. Does not effect jailbreak at all. ;).

zig9449 said:
Yup. Totally safe mate. It is always good to apply this update when you see. Does not effect jailbreak at all. ;).

When I saw the update notice, I hit cancel. How can I get it back?

beagleil said:
When I saw the update notice, I hit cancel. How can I get it back?

I just updated and no problems....

To get it back go to setting > general > about and it should pop up after a few seconds. If not, scroll down and tap on carrier tab.

What version did it update to. I seem the update pop up, I pressed okay, then the app I was in crashed and I didn't see the pop up any more.

What vernon did it update to?lol

Hmmmm.... I didn't notice. Anyone else note the change?