What's new

Video out plus car plug in?

eclimax13

Reaction score
Hi. I am looking to keep my Audi ami connection that allows me to control the music through an Ipod/Iphone from my stereo. I also need to be able to mirror gps out to the factory screen. Is this possible either by an adapter or adapting two cables together? This will allow me to send the gps video out to the screen and also have the music muted when directions are spoken. Thanks.

eclimax13 said:
Hi. I am looking to keep my Audi ami connection that allows me to control the music through an Ipod/Iphone from my stereo. I also need to be able to mirror gps out to the factory screen. Is this possible either by an adapter or adapting two cables together? This will allow me to send the gps video out to the screen and also have the music muted when directions are spoken. Thanks.

U don't really think that is possible at this time.

Is your iPhone jailbroken?

U don't really think that is possible at this time.

Is your iPhone jailbroken?

Hmm. I'm thinking you meant to write "I" don't really think instead of "U" because if I thought it wasn't possible, I wouldn't have asked the question. So benefit of the doubt, I don't have the phone yet. But I will jailbreak it.

Hmm. I'm thinking you meant to write "I" don't really think instead of "U" because if I thought it wasn't possible, I wouldn't have asked the question. So benefit of the doubt, I don't have the phone yet. But I will jailbreak it.

I'm pretty sure he meant "I" as well. :)

Yes...I did in face mean "I" not "U".

Thank you for the benefit of the doubt as well.lol

Ok. So if this is not possible "yet", My whole reason for getting one is to mirror to my car screen. My android phone I have now mirrors but doesn't exactly fit the entire screen. Does the Iphone fill and entire 16x9 screen while mirroring? I know it will during movie playback.

eclimax13 said:
Ok. So if this is not possible "yet", My whole reason for getting one is to mirror to my car screen. My android phone I have now mirrors but doesn't exactly fit the entire screen. Does the Iphone fill and entire 16x9 screen while mirroring? I know it will during movie playback.

I'm not sure.

As I am not sure how the device connects to the screen.

I know that I can mirror my iPhones screen on my TV via a standard audio/video cable and with a jailbreak tweak called TVOut 2.

It allows me to adjust the size to fit the screen perfectly. And I can save different presets for different screens.

But I don't know if that would work for a car screen. Maybe......I don't know.

Ok great news. So the Iphone allows different aspect outputs? Controlled by the Iphone, not the tv correct? If this is true then my problems are solved.

One other thing would be I'd need the phone to stay on what ever gps I decide and wake up when power is added ie, turning my car on, and shut down when power goes to battery. This would mean I'd need there to be no lock screen. All possible?