What's new

Pioneer head unit with iphone support

THAT911GUY

Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently had a Pioneer head unit installed in my car. It supports ipod/iphone via usb hook ups in the front (as well as an aux imput on the front if i dont have my usb cord). My problem is that when I use the USB cable I can listen to my itunes fine, but when I switch it to "app mode" Im not getting any video, but no matter what app I use (videos from my photo album, netflix, hulu plus, etc), I get audio only through the unit. The iPhone actually goes to a screen that says the video is playing on the TV or something like that. The model is Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD.

Now I can attribute this to one of many possible factors...
1. The head unit is flawed so contact where I purchased it.
2. The factory apple 30 pin connector USB that came with my iPhone wont support video and audio (not sure if it will or not, just throwing that out there)
3. Settings on my iPhone4 prohibit video out (In the owners manual for my pioneer unit it said something about changing the settings to allow video out on my ipod/iphone, but all i could find in my phone was under settings/ipod/video)

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys. Also I put this in this forum since my iPhone is way more important that my car stereo so that would make the stereo an accessory. :)

you need a specific cable to play videos from you ipod, its a usb and aux cable all in one. i need the same cable for my head unit. CD-IU50V is the part number call around to your local best buy or future shop and see if you can get it.

this one isn't made by pioneer but is the same cable that would be needed for your pioneer unit. i can't gaurente it will work but i would assume it would.

hope this helps

I'm not sure if this applies to your case but in an Escalade I drove with built in DVD player, it would only show video if vehicle was in park. Safety / legal thing? When vehicle was in drive audio only would come through in front screen.

I'm not sure if this applies to your case but in an Escalade I drove with built in DVD player, it would only show video if vehicle was in park. Safety / legal thing? When vehicle was in drive audio only would come through in front screen.
If you are running an aftermarket radio you can ground it out so the video plays while you drive. Your local stero shop can fix this issue. Also you can look up on the net for the code that will disable that feature, i had it done to my car.