What's new

Vibration Intensity for SMS

MarEO5

Reaction score
Is there a way to change the intensity of alert vibration when receiving a text message?
My iPhone 7 barely vibrates 2 short times and is hardly recognized unless I am awaiting a message from someone.
I brought to a Best Buy store and they were unaware of if this can be changed.
Any assistance is appreciated!

You can't change the intensity of the vibration, but the duration, it's also possible to create a new vibration. Go to Settings - Sounds - Sounds and Vibration Patterns - Text Tone - Vibration, try those available, and select a different one than the default one, or go to Custom, and create your own pattern.

Is there a way to change the intensity of alert vibration when receiving a text message?
My iPhone 7 barely vibrates 2 short times and is hardly recognized unless I am awaiting a message from someone.
I brought to a Best Buy store and they were unaware of if this can be changed.
Any assistance is appreciated!

Mine is set to prom. Haptic and full strength.
810d141e75eb42f240eb0f222ba982ed.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course, it's easier to notice vibrations with an Apple Watch. You can change the strength of the vibration for the AW on your iPhone.
The iPhone itself doesn't have a setting like this.

Of course, it's easier to notice vibrations with an Apple Watch. You can change the strength of the vibration for the AW on your iPhone.
The iPhone itself doesn't have a setting like this.

I miss read that thought MarE05 was talking about watch... lol .It is so handy with my phone in my bag I would miss a lot of texts and calls. Maybe MarE05 would love Apple Watch Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't change the intensity of the vibration, but the duration, it's also possible to create a new vibration. Go to Settings - Sounds - Sounds and Vibration Patterns - Text Tone - Vibration, try those available, and select a different one than the default one, or go to Custom, and create your own pattern.

Thank you very much. I changed it to rapid. Should make me very aware of incoming texts now.