What's new

very strange sound problem

kingsizesinha

Reaction score
Greetings to the gods of iPhone
I have a very strange problem
i updated to 6.1.3
and i lose all sound from speakers (ringer, screen lock and unlock, typing, music, apps) and its controls (volume buttons/ sliders) if there is nothing plugged into my headphone jack
and when i plug in my headphone jack, its all fine (ringer, volume buttons, sliders) so the loudspeaker cannot have been shot.
i researched on the the internet this prob is supposed to be solved by 6.1.3, but for me it has caused it.
i have done several switch on & off, resets, restore - from backup and as new.
im at the end of my wit.
please help!!!

Try using a can of air duster to blow the headphone jack out. If that doesn't help, I'd take it to an Apple store to have it checked out. If you're talking about the iPhone 5, it should still be under warranty.

Greetings to the gods of iPhone
I have a very strange problem
i updated to 6.1.3
and i lose all sound from speakers (ringer, screen lock and unlock, typing, music, apps) and its controls (volume buttons/ sliders) if there is nothing plugged into my headphone jack
and when i plug in my headphone jack, its all fine (ringer, volume buttons, sliders) so the loudspeaker cannot have been shot.
i researched on the the internet this prob is supposed to be solved by 6.1.3, but for me it has caused it.
i have done several switch on & off, resets, restore - from backup and as new.
im at the end of my wit.
please help!!!

i too have the same problem

Try using a can of air duster to blow the headphone jack out. If that doesn't help, I'd take it to an Apple store to have it checked out. If you're talking about the iPhone 5, it should still be under warranty.

done but not working, mine is iphone4s