What's new

iphone 2g headphone jack problems

mrchocobos

Reaction score
I bought a used iphone 2g.

I'm having problems with the speakers and headphone jack.

When my headphones are plugged in, the iphone thinks that headpones are not plugged in. when headphones aren't plugged in, the iphone thinks that they are plugged in. when i adjust the volume without headphones plugged in it indicates that they are plugged in.

the speakers do work, when i go through settings and fool around with ringer volume, the ringer rings.

Does anyone have a solution to fix this problem? :/
Should I just replace the headphone jack?

You could have a wire shorting to another wire in the jack, but, it could be software. Try a reset. Close all apps then - Hold down the HOME, bottom button, and the SLEEP, top button, for about 10 seconds until the Apple icon appears, then release buttons. Allow it to reboot, it may take a few minutes, don't panic like I did, wait for it to reboot. Cures many weird problems on iOS devices. Can't hurt and just might fix it. iDevices are funny that way. Also, you see a lot of people on these forums that try to fix their iDevices and turn a small problem into a dead iDevice, so, best to let someone who has successfully repaired several of the same model do it if necessary. But, if it was cheap, and you have electronics experience, what the heck, give it a shot. After all, it's only money, and we all know moneys worthless nowadays.