What's new

Very glitchy all of a sudden...

taat2d

Reaction score
Ok so my 4S is wigging out for some reason. This morning it started with the volume going on and off by itself for no reason. Example; while I'm texting I hear the key clicks. Then out of nowhere the phone goes completely silent, and then a few seconds later the sound is restored after doing nothing. Then the phone just died on me for NO REASON. Went to check something on it, and it wouldn't turn on. It had about 80% charge on the battery. I plugged it into a working charger for about 30 minutes and nothing. Then I tried a hard reboot, the 2 button reboot and it turned back on. It's on. Now, but still doing the same with the the sound while I type. The phone is 2 weeks old and has NEVER been dropped or wet.

Anyone else have something crazy like this happen to their phone?
I have an appt with Apple so I'll let you know what they say.

When you type do you type with phone long ways or in portrait view. If in portrait view you just might be covering the speaker with your hand. I say this cuz i do it all the time and im wondering wat happened to the sound lol. Might jus be an actual bug with your phone who knows. Just thought i would put in my 2cents

Good luck

Unleashed said:
try upgrade to 5.0.1 if you have not already

I tried that before calling the Apple Store. Still continued.

Pringles said:
When you type do you type with phone long ways or in portrait view. If in portrait view you just might be covering the speaker with your hand. I say this cuz i do it all the time and im wondering wat happened to the sound lol. Might jus be an actual bug with your phone who knows. Just thought i would put in my 2cents

Good luck

I thought of that too, but it still continued. I went to Apple. They ended up replacing the phone for me for free. But... The tech told me the phone had gotten wet. That the sensor got tripped. The phone has NEVER seen the rain, or ANY kind of moisture. I told him if it got wet HE must've gotten it wet when he looked it over. AND, he was the second tech to look at it. I asked him how was it that the other tech didn't we that when HE looked at it. I don't know, but I'm not buying THAT BS!!!

I wouldn't either. But gratz you got yourself a new iPhone enjoy it lol

Glad you got a new phone they could really have said no if it showed signs of water for sure. I believe you that you did not get it wet. I just know how picky some stores are about that.

taat2d said:
I thought of that too, but it still continued. I went to Apple. They ended up replacing the phone for me for free. But... The tech told me the phone had gotten wet. That the sensor got tripped. The phone has NEVER seen the rain, or ANY kind of moisture. I told him if it got wet HE must've gotten it wet when he looked it over. AND, he was the second tech to look at it. I asked him how was it that the other tech didn't we that when HE looked at it. I don't know, but I'm not buying THAT BS!!!

Jhnjkm