What's new

Verizon's "Share Everything"

bikela

Reaction score
So I heard verizon will release new "share everything" plans. I only have one device (my iphone 4) & an unlimited data plan (that I use a lot) & I wanted to know if I'm going to end up paying more for my service. I checked verizon's website & they said: "You're not required to move to Share Everything but if you do, unlimited data will not be retained on your line. As a Verizon Wireless customer you have choices when you upgrade at discounted pricing. You can choose from a standalone data package starting at $30 for 2GB or a Share Everything Plan. If keeping unlimited is important to you, you can choose to upgrade and pay full retail price for the phone." Now does this mean that come october when I get my phone upgrade (hoping for an iphone 5) that I will have to pay full retail price for a new phone unless I want to downgrade to a limited data plan? Verizon seems to kinda dodge the question on this one & if they did that it would really suck!

They only remove you from your unlimited plan if you use a phone upgrade. If you purchase all your future phones at retail price, they will not remove your unlimited plan.

ugh! :( I feel ya. I also have an upgrade available (November) and was hoping to snag the iPhone 5 at a discount, but not at the cost of giving up my unlimited data.
Full retail is depressing but not as depressing as a capped data plan. Time to start saving for that big price tag!

Total BS!!! My wife and I will be leaving verizion soon as our contract ends. Sucks too cuz we both have iPhone 4s and love the unlimited plan. We were both also looking forward to the iPhone 5 and using phone upgrades when the time came but not now.... Oh well time to find a better carrier...

I was waiting for my upgrade otherwise I would of bought the 4s when it came out. I feel totally jipped out of my phone upgrade now! When I switch carriers I'm gonna make sure they don't try this nonsense before I sign anything...

I was waiting for my upgrade otherwise I would of bought the 4s when it came out. I feel totally jipped out of my phone upgrade now! When I switch carriers I'm gonna make sure they don't try this nonsense before I sign anything...

Be careful what you wish for! Verizon is only the first to unload unlimited plans. Others (ATT&T) will probably do the same. If you haven't noticed, carriers can do anything they want. If the Verizon phone works well in your area, research the signal capability of that 'other' carrier before you switch.

If I were to buy a 4s locally like from someone on Craigslist. Would I be able to keep my unlimited data?

If I were to buy a 4s locally like from someone on Craigslist. Would I be able to keep my unlimited data?

That is correct. Unless you purchase a subsidized phone through Verizon, your plan will stay completely intact.

They only remove you from your unlimited plan if you use a phone upgrade. If you purchase all your future phones at retail price, they will not remove your unlimited plan.

That is not accurate. You are grandfathered in. Read your contract.

rminor205 said:
That is not accurate. You are grandfathered in. Read your contract.

You sound confident rminor but you are incorrect somewhat. You are grandfathered as long as you buy your new phones at full retail price. You will be able to keep your current data plan. Once you purchase a phone using your upgrade discount you now have "agreed" to a new contract and will be forced to a tiered data plan. No more unlimited data. This has been confirmed with Verizon, has been all over the news and goes into effect at the end of this month. So read your new contract when you upgrade!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iPF.net

So your saying as long as we don't upgrade we can keep our unlimited plan if so there is always a catch somewhere

So your saying as long as we don't upgrade we can keep our unlimited plan if so there is always a catch somewhere

You can upgrade in one of two ways:
First you can pay full retail or buy a phone from a third party market like Ebay or Craigslist.
Secondly you can use an existing upgrade to upgrade a different line on you your contract, assuming that line is not the primary line, the one that controls the contract, or your own line of service. From what I have been told if a secondary line uses an upgrade they will be given the option for a tiered data plan. Then once you get the phone you have to activate it on the line you upgraded, then switch it to which ever line you want and cancel the tiered data plan.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I have already upgraded to the iPhone with Verizon, had the unlimited data plan before and still do. I didn't get anything in writing, but they seemed to say as long as I stayed with them, I could keep my unlimited data plan.