What's new

Verizon Update Available

Ledsteplin

Reaction score
This is the first Verizon update I've ever seen. You would miss it if you did not go to Settings >General>About. Then you get a pop up.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422378995.904583.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Both the wife and I got that same message on our phones yesterday. Shortly afterwards we also got a notification of a system update to iOS 8.1.3, makes me wonder if the two were related...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Both the wife and I got that same message on our phones yesterday. Shortly afterwards we also got a notification of a system update to iOS 8.1.3, makes me wonder if the two were related...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
They were almost certainly related. The carriers would have had access to the beta versions of iOS 8.1.3 in order to fine tune their carrier settings to take full advantage of the new iOS version.

I was told by a Verizon tech that the update was related to the ringtone issue Apple addressed in 8.1.2. Whether he knew that for sure is mine and your guess. ☮

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

I received a Verizon carrier update yesterday. Did anyone else see this?

I received a Verizon carrier update yesterday. Did anyone else see this?
Yep. They always say it's a settings update. But what settings? LOL I look all through settings but don't see or notice any difference. Must be an internal Verizon thingy.

Yep. They always say it's a settings update. But what settings? LOL I look all through settings but don't see or notice any difference. Must be an internal Verizon thingy.

Yea I guess. I didn't notice any change in my 5s performance

I never got the msg.
Don't worry too much about it. I've owned iOS devices since 2012, I still have 4 iPhones, and I've only seen this message twice, on my iPhone 5s and on my iPhone 6. I'm guessing those updates are rare.

It may have happened when your carrier set up the phone at the point of purchase.