What's new

Verizon Not Interested In iPhone 4

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
22-013-verizon.jpg

After a meeting with employees, not only did Verizon Wireless announce that they will be now known as just "Verizon", but they also announce that they are not interested in the iPhone 4. Verizon is saying that they are fully backing up their new Droid line and putting off the iPhone 4 for now. This must be because of the August release of the Droid 2.

And the second part of the meeting (and most important to us) was to announce that they will not be interested in the iPhone 4 (as of now) and are putting full effort behind Android and the new lineup of Droid devices.

And there you have it, right out of the horse's(Verizon) mouth! Sorry for all of you disappointed, no Verizon iPhone 4 for now.

Source: Droid-Life

I think I just died a little on the inside. This is heart breaking news because in Chicago, AT&T is garbage and I was looking forward to switching to Verizon as soon as the .... iPhone 4 comes out.
*sigh*

Well, Least I don't have to kick myself for having another 2 year contract for the new IP4 if Verizon got the IP4 in just a few months lol.

I think I just died a little on the inside. This is heart breaking news because in Chicago, AT&T is garbage and I was looking forward to switching to Verizon as soon as the .... iPhone 4 comes out.
*sigh*

Verizon has great Android devices that are quite solid, hardware wise, they're just as good as iPhone 4. Android is no iOS4 but they do get the job done and give you more flexibility.

lol really? why do cell phone carriers take side with phone companies? why do they care? i would of thought they would just try sell everything to make more money:S

*sigh*

Verizon has great Android devices that are quite solid, hardware wise, they're just as good as iPhone 4. Android is no iOS4 but they do get the job done and give you more flexibility.

Of course! I had Verizon myself and carried the droid for like two weeks. I'm actually pretty interested in the new Droid X that they are releasing, looks pretty neat imo but iPhone has me!

These next few years will go down in history as the "great smart phone wars".

I think Verizon use to need the Apple iPhone on their network to continue to grow and gain market share. With the release of the Motorola Droid, that changed everything. I'm beginning to think Apple needs Verizon more now. I would guess 95% of Verizon Android users would not switch to the iPhone.

My good buddy owns a Verizon retail store and he's told me that everytime a customer comes in, they keep asking about when the iPhone is coming to its network. Android itself is skyrocketing and its amazing to see how far they've gotten in a short period of time.

I agree. They've come a long way since the early days of Android and they're catching up real quick against iOS now. By now, people know how terrible AT&T is (although it's rather great here) and I don't see people switching to AT&T just because of iPhones. To most people, carrier means more than the devices and Android phones are just as good if not better in some areas so why switch?

Im not suprised at this because you can tell that theyve upped their droid campaign.