What's new

Verizon asking employee's to wait

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

There is no doubt that Verizon iPhone 4 will be in short supply for some time. Verizon has sent word to all employee's reminding them to put customer's first and delay their personal or family iPhone 4 purchase. I don't know about you, but I'd have a hard time following these recommendations if I worked for Verizon. See the letter below:

Focus on Customer Is Key to Verizon iPhone Launch

To help ensure we meet customer demand for iPhones, Verizon is urging employees and their families to postpone purchases of the popular smartphone, whether online or in retail stores, for the time being.

“Customers and non-customers alike have waited for years to see this product on America’s most reliable wireless network,” notes Verizon Wireless Chief Operating Officer John Stratton. “Demand will be unprecedented.
“Now it’s here. This is our chance to show those millions of people what it means to be a Verizon customer — providing them the best network, joined by the very best customer service and support, all adding up to a world-class customer experience.

“Part of that experience is ensuring we’re able to meet our customers’ needs in the midst of what will surely be unprecedented customer demand.
“I know customers aren’t the only ones who are excited – employees are, too. While I share your excitement, over the coming weeks we all need to do our part to meet our customers’ needs — this means putting our customers first.

“After all, that’s the way we do business. That’s the Verizon Credo in action.
“This is an historic moment in time to rally together and show our loyal customers and new ones what our culture is all about.”

Hey Kris, what phone are you upgrading from?

i thought employees usually get priority on purchases and when i worked in stores i was always able to set one aside for me, games that sold out before my shift ended or phones that would sell out quick or anything electronic that would sell really fast.. apple is the opposite they make the employees wait.. i think thats good