What's new

Verizon Wireless Launches New Share Everything Plans for Up to 10 Devices

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
7126-share-everything.JPG

Verizon Wireless has today announced its new “Share Everything” plans for basic phones, smartphones, and tablets, which will enable you to share data with up to 10 Verizon Wireless devices. The plans also include unlimited voice minutes, and unlimited text, video and picture messaging. Verizon says that its Mobile Hotspot service on all the devices will also be included in the Share Everything Plans at no extra cost. The plans will debut on June 28, and will be available to new and existing customers.

“Customers asked, and today Verizon Wireless delivered an industry first,” said Tami Erwin, vice president and chief marketing officer for Verizon Wireless. “Share Everything Plans are the new standard for wireless service. They are simple; customers no longer have to think about their voice and message plans, because both are unlimited. Share Everything Plans are convenient; customers purchase one data plan and they share it with up to 10 mobile devices. And, they are worry-free; customers can connect their 3G or 4G devices wherever and whenever they want on America’s most reliable network.”

Source: Verizon via MacRumors

My wife and I are on a Nationwide Access Family SharePlan. I have an iPhone and pay monthly charges of $60.00 + $29.99 for unlimited data + $5.00 for up to 250 text messages. My wife has a basic phone, for which we pay an additional $9.99 per month (no data.) (I use very little data - last month it was just over 80 MB.) This brings our monthly access charges, before surcharges and taxes, to $104.98. Am I reading this chart correctly that under the new pricing structure we'd be paying $40.00 (iPhone) + $30.00 (basic phone) + $50.00 (1 GB data) = $120.00? That's nearly $15.00 more per month and she doesn't even use data. Families who are presently on similar Family SharePlans and have several people using phones are really going to see their charges rocket. Instead of $9.99 extra for each basic phone it will be $30.00 for each. Yikes! Get the Vaseline out!