What's new

Verizon Jailbroke 4.2.8 - Want 4.3.3

cornbreadfarts

Reaction score
I am on a iphone 4 verizon, jailbroke 4.2.8. I want to upgrade to jailbroke 4.3.3. What is my best option?

side note: when connecting to itunes, it wants me to upgrade to 4.2.9

You can't do that, actually iOS 4.2.8 is equal to iOS 4.3.3
The difference is that iOS 4.2.8 is for CDMA iPhones and iOS 4.3.3 is for GSM iPhones. Since your iPhone is a CDMA one, you will not be able to load a GSM IPSW into it. Else your iPhone will mis react.

The difference is that iOS 4.2.8 is for CDMA iPhones and iOS 4.3.3 is for GSM iPhones. Since your iPhone is a CDMA one, you will not be able to load a GSM IPSW into it. Else your iPhone will mis react.

No, iOS 4.2.x is NOT "equal" to 4.3.x; it's just that Verizon/Apple haven't seen fit to give us CDMA users a 4.3.x build of iOS. There are a select few apps that us CDMA users cannot even use, because of the OS differences.

No, iOS 4.2.x is NOT "equal" to 4.3.x; it's just that Verizon/Apple haven't seen fit to give us CDMA users a 4.3.x build of iOS. There are a select few apps that us CDMA users cannot even use, because of the OS differences.

And because the hardwares are different too, so they can not run the same softwares.

And because the hardwares are different too, so they can not run the same softwares.

That's no excuse though, they've had several months to come up with a 4.3.x build for the CDMA iPhone, it just seems like they have chosen not to. iOS 5 beta has CDMA builds though, so I think they've just decided to completely skip us CDMA users on 4.3.x and the next major upgrade we will see is iOS 5. Hopefully, they at least manage to get THAT to us at the same time the GSM users get theirs.

I've dealt with Verizon for long enough to know that they ALWAYS tend to be behind on OSes for their devices, though. They are so anal with their beta testing that almost nothing is ever good enough for them. To be honest, I am not getting the "Apple Experience" with my VZW iPhone that I thought I would; as I though we would at least be on parity with the GSM users as far as OS goes.

That's no excuse though, they've had several months to come up with a 4.3.x build for the CDMA iPhone, it just seems like they have chosen not to. iOS 5 beta has CDMA builds though, so I think they've just decided to completely skip us CDMA users on 4.3.x and the next major upgrade we will see is iOS 5. Hopefully, they at least manage to get THAT to us at the same time the GSM users get theirs.

I've dealt with Verizon for long enough to know that they ALWAYS tend to be behind on OSes for their devices, though. They are so anal with their beta testing that almost nothing is ever good enough for them. To be honest, I am not getting the "Apple Experience" with my VZW iPhone that I thought I would; as I though we would at least be on parity with the GSM users as far as OS goes.

I couldn't say that better. I'm so use to it by now.

Ditto. I'd love to have air play options on my iPhone4. Hopefully IOS5 will be the beginning of equal updates between AT&T and Verizon.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net