What's new

Verizon iPhone Insurance Policy

My experience with apple care was not a result of a device I damage but one that was defected. My experience may not be your experience so just weigh it out and wait and see what they will offer.

There are a ton of options out there. my uncle has insure apple iphone and says he likes it. the link is insureappleiphone.com. havent done much research on them but an option at least.

There are a ton of options out there. my uncle has insure apple iphone and says he likes it. the link is insureappleiphone.com. havent done much research on them but an option at least.

I'm using my first post on the forum to wave the BS flag right there

Very good use of your first post. :D

Went to Square Trade for Ins. $99.00 for two years with $50.00 Ded, does not cover loss or theft.

+1

my experience with apple care is why i left my iphone and have the droid now.
I was behind a customer at the Apple store and he was told his device was going to be replaced with a new one with no convincing needed from the customer, whereas some android manufacturers say it may not be replaced with a new one.

Went to Square Trade for Ins. $99.00 for two years with $50.00 Ded, does not cover loss or theft.
May as well opt for apple care and save $30 and have a warrenty the phone's manufacturer.

I feel like no on reads my posts, lol.

The Verizon insurance is $7 a month, and I believe it has a $90 deductible. Meaning: if you break your phone, you pay $90 to get a new one.

The SquareTrade.com insurance is $99 for 2 years of coverage, with a $50 deductible for accidental damage. If it's a defect/warranty issue, I believe they fix it at no charge.

I had Verizon Asurion Insurance for all of my phones. The cost was $9 per month with a $50 deductible. When I signed up for the iPhone I kept that option.

This morning Verizon sent me a text message saying that my insurance might not be valid, including a number to call Asurion. To insure the iPhone is $9.99 per month, with a $169 deductible. That's based on the retail price of the iPhone at $600, which is what you would need to pay to replace it.

+1

my experience with apple care is why i left my iphone and have the droid now.
I was behind a customer at the Apple store and he was told his device was going to be replaced with a new one with no convincing needed from the customer, whereas some android manufacturers say it may not be replaced with a new one.

May as well opt for apple care and save $30 and have a warrenty the phone's manufacturer.
applecare doesnt cover lost/stolen/ at fault damage to phones i don't believe does it?!
I feel like no on reads my posts, lol.

The Verizon insurance is $7 a month, and I believe it has a $90 deductible. Meaning: if you break your phone, you pay $90 to get a new one.

The SquareTrade.com insurance is $99 for 2 years of coverage, with a $50 deductible for accidental damage. If it's a defect/warranty issue, I believe they fix it at no charge.

I had Verizon Asurion Insurance for all of my phones. The cost was $9 per month with a $50 deductible. When I signed up for the iPhone I kept that option.

This morning Verizon sent me a text message saying that my insurance might not be valid, including a number to call Asurion. To insure the iPhone is $9.99 per month, with a $169 deductible. That's based on the retail price of the iPhone at $600, which is what you would need to pay to replace it.

this is interesting considering i have asurion through verizon and havent received anythign yet

Just to clarify, Asurion insurance is available through Verizon for the iPhone 4. Asurion is the only Verizon-authorized insurance provider. Total Equipment Coverage is the most comprehensive insurance offering for your Verizon iPhone 4, with full protection including coverage of loss, theft, damage (including water), defects and out of warranty issues. The coverage also includes next day replacement in most cases. Learn more at Calling Features: Total Equipment Coverage – now with Mobile Recovery.

Here's the deal. Verizon JACK'S UP and INFLATES the price on all of their off-contact phones. I remember that they were selling the Curve 2 for $399 off-contract, and Virgin was selling it for $200 with no contract.

For example, Verizon says the MSRP on the HTC Incredible is like $600, but in reality, they're probably getting it for $450.

Apple didn't let them pull their shennanigan's with the iphone. They are actually subsidizing it much more, and the replacement cost is much more.

Think about it - it's the only thing that makes sense. Why does it cost more to insure a $600 iphone then a $600 Droid X?

Here's the deal. Verizon JACK'S UP and INFLATES the price on all of their off-contact phones. I remember that they were selling the Curve 2 for $399 off-contract, and Virgin was selling it for $200 with no contract.

For example, Verizon says the MSRP on the HTC Incredible is like $600, but in reality, they're probably getting it for $450.

Apple didn't let them pull their shennanigan's with the iphone. They are actually subsidizing it much more, and the replacement cost is much more.

Think about it - it's the only thing that makes sense. Why does it cost more to insure a $600 iphone then a $600 Droid X?

Ummmm every carrier does this.

Yes, but Verizon lays out much more money for the iphone then with other phones.

Square Tade has a $81 deal for 2yrs of coverage for verizon iphone customers for a couple more days.

Dropped my brand new iPhone the day after I got it, shattering the glass badly. And it was as I was walking out to my truck with a new case in the bag! Thankfully, I had the Total Equipment Coverage option, which I thought was steep at $10.99/month. The deuctible is $169 but includes next day shipping.
I filed a claim through Asurion's website and within minutes received an email requesting a faxed copy of an approved form of ID. I faxed the ID and received another email stating that my very valid Driver's License was invalid and to please fax another form of approved ID. I scanned my passport this time and refaxed. Didn't here back until late the next morning but the news was good as the email stated my new phone was on the way. As it was Friday, its arrival is Monday 2/14. Saturday, I received a tracking number via UPS' website.

Except for the hoops I had to jump through with the ID faxes, it was a pretty painless evolution. Now I just hope the replacement phone is not a bust!

Incidentally, even though my screen is literally shattered, the darn thing still works fine! I scotch taped a screen protector over it to prevent slicing my fingers and continue to use all features of the phone, albeit with a slightly distorted view!

Last edited: