What's new

Ensquared Releases iPhone 4S Insurance Covering Lost, Stolen & Accidental Insurance

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
iPhone-insurance-Ensquared.JPG

Here's an intriguing looking service available if you want to protect your iPhone investment. Ensquared.com now offers insurance protection online for all Apple iPhone 4S devices on AT&T, Verizon and Sprint as well as International unlocked iPhone 4S devices.

The Ensquared product range for iPhone Insurance has 2 different policies:
  • 1 Year- Lost, Stolen and Accidental Insurance with 2 claims per term for $98.99
  • 2 Year- Accidental Insurance with 3 claims per term for $89.99
All policies have a $50 deductible per claim. Ensquared believes its products compare against the carriers and other online providers. Make sure to check it out in the iPhone Review section.

For more information visit: Buy & Compare iPhone Insurance Phone Insurance Cell Phone Insurance

Any other "math majors" here realize all Ensquared actually offers us 32GB Verizon iPhone 4S users is a $20 discount per year of coverage and a possible $50 savings on the replacement device if we want the same coverage that Verizon already gives us; Only $20 of savings for those of you with a 16 GB iPhone 4S. The statement that ALL policies have a $50 deductible is incredibly untrue!.....Look through the site and you will find that any insurance that includes lost or stolen devices (as VZW's TEC does) carries a deductible of $150 per claim, not $50.

Certainly not saying that the Total Equipment Coverage offering from VZW is in any way a great deal. It isn't. There are some cheaper options out there. But honestly, wouldn't you feel more comfortable going through the company you bought your phone from or Apple themselves for the insurance coverage for your device? Especially when the cost for 1-year of the exact same coverage through Ensquared costs only $20 less per year - $98.99/year vs. $119.88/year at VZW ($9.99/month).

I just think that calling it an "Intriguing looking service" implies some kind of deal, and it really isn't. It is definitely important to get the word out about another option for those of us who just purchased a new, very expensive, device, but Ensquared goes out of their way to hide the fact that their service is in fact VERY much like that offered by each customers carrier. Just thought that should be pointed out.

Last edited:
Somewhere in the previous communications it is shown, as you correctly point out, that the deductible is $50 where in actual fact it is $150 for comprehensive insurance option. Ensquared actually do have a pure accidental program that offers a $50 deductible and somehow that is where the error may have slipped in.

That aside, the Ensquared program offers significant advantage to Verizon on comprehensive coverage, much of which is maths and some not. Firstly, Verizon premium is $120 ($9.99 X 12) per year or 21% higher than Ensquared's $98.99. The effective Verizon deductible is $199 VERSUS $150 for Ensquared. This is 33% higher. If you as an iPhone owner happen to go the full distance of two claims in one year the difference in value in favor of Ensquared is $121 ($21 + $50 + $50). That's why you get insurance - to protect against the worst case. If you have no claims you are $21 better off with Ensquared and on one claim $71 better off. That's the Math.

Now we need to look at replacement. Verizon most of the time replaces with refurbished while Ensquared replace most of the time with new. What would you rather get? Then the Underwriter behind Ensquared is Fortegra: A quoted company on the New York Stock Exchange and AM Best Rated B++. No slouch and no chance of not getting fairly treated. So other than the $50 item I cannot understand why anyone would want to pay up to $120 more to get the same coverage - but each to their own. By the way, the Ensquared product offering $50 deductible for less than $4 pm for accidental damage only is a really excellent proposition VERSUS competitors SquareTrade (a capped total claim limit of $599 versus Ensquared equivalent $3000) and GoCare (who are not underwritten at all). Overall a good company that could have got slated unnecessarily on the deductible error

ensquared-vs-verizon-iphone.jpg

wyajbb17 seems to be having a go at Ensquared, let the truth be told -Ensquared did not post the original piece on this forum and therefore the $50 deductible was a mistake by a 3rd party. None the less it is an error and wyajbb17 has pointed this out.

We at Ensquared pride ourselves when it comes to device insurance. wyajbb17 please take a look at how Ensquared compares side by side against Verizon, Apple Care, Square Trade.

Best Regards,
Ed

Attachments

• $ensquared-vs-verizon-iphone.jpg
    $ensquared-vs-verizon-iphone.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 296
I pretty much already know the answer but I'll ask anyway. Can i get this insurance if the phone is already lost? 2 weeks into my contract and it was stolen from me. So now i'm stuck with a 2 year contract with a 2 year old, obsolete phone (pre). I'm sure I'm not allowed to get this insurance now. Any other help/ideas would be great. I had the find my iphone app but it just shows offline and I think a "friend" stole it from me (obviously I can't prove that though).