What's new

Verizon iPhone 4s 5.1.0 optional carriers?

raymondg95

Reaction score
Hi, I just got a Verizon iPhone 4s, i bought it from some guy in my school & i just wanna know if is there any others carriers i could connect it without having to jailbreak, or flash it?

I don't think so because it's a Verizon(CDMA) 4S. Only Verizon. You may simply have no choice but to go with Verizon if you do not want to jailbreak or flash. Tho it is a 4S so you might be able to get the Verizon store to activate the GSM radio, as the CDMA radio is useless.

But there is one thing you can try.

Buy a Straight Talk SIM card and put it in the phone ans see if it works. It might. I dont know because of the fact the it a Verizon 4S meaning that the GSM radio is disabled and the CDMA rdiao is enabled. I would contact Straight Talk and ask them.

$45 a month with unlimited everything and 3GB of data no jailbreak or flash needed. Can even get MMS and iMessage to work without a jailbreak. Unbeatible..Tho if you ask me it would be *crazy* to not jailbreak an iPhone IMO. But if the iPhone is on iOS 5.1 then it cannot be jailbroken anyway.

I heard about something like that, it was called redpocket, it's like straightalk; do u think It could work on my phone?

raymondg95 said:
I heard about something like that, it was called redpocket, it's like straightalk; do u think It could work on my phone?

I have no idea mate. I have never heard of red pocket, therefore I would not trust it.

I know for a fact that straight talk works. Tho. $15 for a SIM card. I won't go near this red pocket thing.

Sprint is CDMA also. From what I understand the SIM in Verizon phones will only work international. No USA at all.

xrayeyes said:
Sprint is CDMA also. From what I understand the SIM in Verizon phones will only work international. No USA at all.

I have no idea.