What's new

Insurance for iPhone if phone bought private party

tooblekain

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Ive read through a lot of threads regarding iPhone and insurance but can't really find the answer that is particular to my case.

I bought a brand new iPhone, but it was purchased private party from a friend. It was brand new in the box. He had this phone because a while back he had multiple phones for his Verizon plan. His girlfriend and him broke up while the phone was being shipped to him. When he got his phone, he now had multiple phones for his Verizon plan.

I bought the phone from him brand new and being a Verizon carrier also like my friend, we both went and transferred my plan to now mine iPhone. I bought insurance from Protect Your Bubble online and they required a receipt. I provided them a notorized Bill of Sale since it was bought private party and now they cancelled my policy and are refunding my payments to them.

I am curious if anyone knows of an insurance carrier that will insure my iPhone that I bought private party. Any help is appreciated.

If I can't insure my iPhone, My only option is to get a super bulky case. (Which I would rather not do).

The iPhone warranty goes with the device. You can check the warranty at Apple.com.

If it's out of warranty, look at 3rd party insurers like Squaretrade or Asurion.

Sent from my HTC One S

I would avoid private insurance for electronics. Often there are deductibles and exceptions that reduce their benefits in the event typical accidents (that you want to insure for) happen. It's a lot like third party private insurance you buy for leased cars - most of the time even when it is time to turn the car in and you need to use it, it doesn't cover the "cause" of the damage.

I would avoid private insurance for electronics. Often there are deductibles and exceptions that reduce their benefits in the event typical accidents (that you want to insure for) happen. It's a lot like third party private insurance you buy for leased cars - most of the time even when it is time to turn the car in and you need to use it, it doesn't cover the "cause" of the damage.

Squaretrade and Asurion are highly rated, and pretty much the only options if you want an extended warranty(once the manufacturer warranty is up).

Sent from my HTC One S