What's new

Verizon Informs Employees to Prepare for iPhone 5 on Week of Sept 21 to 30

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
iphone-launch.jpeg

We have some potentially exciting news. Although Apple hasn't yet officially announced the exact release date timeframe for their new iPhone 5, Verizon may have indirectly spilled the beans. Verizon Wireless just informed their employees that they are not allowed to take any vacation days during the week of September 21st through September 30th, and to expect the iPhone 5 launch during that week. Previous rumors suggest that Apple will reveal the exact launch date on September 12th. That would mean a one week delay before actually picking up the iPhone 5 in stores. This follows Apple's previous MO, so it seems likely.

We will keep you posted so stay tuned!

Source: TechCrunch

I'm getting excited now, the only thing is I'm going to have to switch to a share everything plan with Verizon and lose my unlimited data plan. Oh well, plus no 4g in my town.

I'm getting excited now, the only thing is I'm going to have to switch to a share everything plan with Verizon and lose my unlimited data plan. Oh well, plus no 4g in my town.
You don't "have to switch", you could always pay full retail or buy second hand from craig's list/ebay or the sorts and then just activate it. That is what I am going to do, but I have a pretty awesome plan setup at the moment that I don't wanna lose. The phone may cost a few hundred more but that will easily pay for itself within the first 4 months if I don't mess with my plan.

I have a rare fascination with unboxing/review YouTubes. Since I can't get one, I will watch those and admire the 5 from afar.

You don't "have to switch", you could always pay full retail or buy second hand from craig's list/ebay or the sorts and then just activate it. That is what I am going to do, but I have a pretty awesome plan setup at the moment that I don't wanna lose. The phone may cost a few hundred more but that will easily pay for itself within the first 4 months if I don't mess with my plan.

Retail $650 with contract $199 for 16g version with price point of 4S. Apple been keeping the new models in same price for new equipment. If I do the math that's more than a few hundred. I'm on unlimited on 2 iPhones but overall the cost for me would be cheaper to get the new share plan.

If I upgraded and forced to switch over to the new share everything plan my bill would go up $100 a month. That would be more than the full retail cost of 3 16gb 4s phones over the 2 year contract. Hopefully the iP5 won't outrageously priced.