What's new

AT&T Said to Have Blocked Staff Leave From September 21

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
7955-iphone-5-comparison.JPG

AppleInsider writes that according to sources who have been in touch with TechCrunch, AT&T has banned staff from going on vacation from September 21 until September 30, which also just happens to be the same time period that Verizon has been reported as telling its staff they can’t have any leave either. The anonymous AT&T sales representative also told TechCrunch that AT&T employees are currently in training for an “iconic release”, but they wouldn’t say what. Well, I really can’t think what that might be. Does it start with an “i” by any chance? Just guessing. As AppleInsider notes, this is yet another piece of evidence to suggest that the iPhone 5’s actual on-sale date, in the US at least, will be September 21, which also just happens to be a Friday, Apple’s usually preferred day for product releases. Expect Apple to announce a launch event on September 12 any day now.

Update: 9to5 Mac has an update on this story today, saying that AT&T has denied that it has a vacation black-out for this time period, and explaining the TechCrunch story by saying that maybe the store that TechCrunch's source worked at had their own specific vacation blackout, but that a nationwide holiday blackout for AT&T employees is most definitely not on the cards.

Source: Reported AT&T vacation blackout points to Sept. 21 next-gen iPhone launch
http://9to5mac.com/2012/08/27/att-denies-vacation-blackout-rumors/

Last edited:
If that's the size and shape of the new iPhone, I love it! I hope the model after the 5 is still that size, seeing as how I can't upgrade until May of 2013 (and would wait until another launch hopefully in September of 2013?)