What's new

Verizon CDMA iPhone 4 All You Need To Know

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4luvD5xPWSw]YouTube - Verizon CDMA iPhone 4 All You Need To Know - iOS Vlog 254[/ame]​

The Verizon iPhone, as predicted, was announced yesterday. This model of the iPhone 4 is CDMA capable and will run on Verizon's 3G network. Although Verizon has there 4G LTE network, we won't be seeing that on this iPhone.

The iPhone 4 you see with Verizon is almost exact to the GSM counterpart. The only difference, so far, is a new black separator line up above the silent switch.

The model show at todays event was running iOS 4.2.5. One of the new features of 4.2.5 was Personal Hotspot, which allows you to use your iPhone as a WiFi network(like tethering), except you can link up to 5 devices. So far, Apple/AT&T has only allowed 1 device to be tethered via Bluetooth or USB. With Verizon's Personal Hotspot you can connect with WiFi, Bluetooth, and USB. This of course costs an extra $20 for AT&T subscribers, and curious to see what Verizon will come up with, plan-wise,

No information has been shared on the data plans, but will be announced at a further date. That further date should be somewhere close to February 3rd, when pre-orders start for existing Verizon members, or February 10th when the CDMA iPhone is available for purchase to the public.

Whether the CDMA iPhone 4 will be available in different colors, such as White or Black, we don't know, but we can only hope. If not, we can always go with one of the many color swap places available.

As February gets closer, the new will keep rolling in.

i wish i lived in the USA i get dropped calls in australia in my area! T_T

btw phil..... iono what i did to make u block me on youtube but =[ sorry