What's new

Verizon 4s question.

pandahou

Reaction score
I couldn't help but to notice that the 4s on Verizon has a sim card slot so I was wondering if I lost the phone would I be able to put an AT&T sim in it and it would work or a sim car from Verizon new phones. Also I travel a lot so if I leave the US can I call Verizon to get and unlock number and use another sim card like I can with their blackberry. Sorry if it's a long dumb question am just curios.

I couldn't help but to notice that the 4s on Verizon has a sim card slot so I was wondering if I lost the phone would I be able to put an AT&T sim in it and it would work or a sim car from Verizon new phones. Also I travel a lot so if I leave the US can I call Verizon to get and unlock number and use another sim card like I can with their blackberry. Sorry if it's a long dumb question am just curios.

As I understand it, the iPhone 4s on verizon can be unlocked to use a foreign SIM, one from another country, but not one within the US, in other words, not an AT&T SIM or other from USA.

Hope this helps,
HiddenPuppy

As I understand it, the iPhone 4s on verizon can be unlocked to use a foreign SIM, one from another country, but not one within the US, in other words, not an AT&T SIM or other from USA.
+1... from what I read when the 4S came out and was available on Verizon and Sprint... was that they could unlock the SIM slot to be used on GSM carriers when traveling abroad. For this happen, you'd need to have a contract in good standing w/ either carrier for "X" amount of time for them to unlock the SIM slot. For the slot to remain unlocked and to be used abroad a subsequent "Active" plan would still be on the iDevice for one of the two aformentined carriers. With that said... this has been discussed before a couple of times. I have yet to see any confirmations either way on whither or not this is 100% true.