What's new

var/stash/Applications missing on springboard

Hackills

Reaction score
I had been using this 3GS having iOS 5.1.1 untethered for past 2 months without any problem.

A few days back while using iTunes, out of curiosity I clicked "transfer purchases from my iphone", and then unplugged my iphone.

Then I realized that all stock apps (settings, camera, photos, app store etc.) had disappeared from the springboard, and Cydia as well.

I plugged my iphone to computer to check the file system via ifunbox, and I discovered that all the apps in this folder (var/stash/Applications) were not showing up on the springboard, though they are present but hidden on springboard.

Can anyone please help me get those things back on springboard .

Attachments

• $hidden.jpg
    $hidden.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 486
  • $itunes.jpg
    $itunes.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 476
If you don't already, download SBSettings, and go to "More", then check out the "Hide Icons". If it's not, then you're going to have to put in a fresh copy of the com.apple.springboard.plist as well as the applications in there. Below is the download link.

iOS_5.1.1_iDevice_Unbricker_Package.zip

You can use iFunBox again with this. Put the "com.apple.springboard.plist" in the /System/Library/LaunchDaemons directory. Replace the current one. Now to the XXAP items, put them into the /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app. Replace the current ones. Reboot your iPhone.

If you don't already, download SBSettings, and go to "More", then check out the "Hide Icons". If it's not, then you're going to have to put in a fresh copy of the com.apple.springboard.plist as well as the applications in there. Below is the download link.

iOS_5.1.1_iDevice_Unbricker_Package.zip

You can use iFunBox again with this. Put the "com.apple.springboard.plist" in the /System/Library/LaunchDaemons directory. Replace the current one. Now to the XXAP items, put them into the /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app. Replace the current ones. Reboot your iPhone.

Just tried it, but nothing changed

I see you have Mobile Terminal. Does that appear on your springboard?