What's new

Using PDAnet to hide tethering?

Johnny_Juputer

Reaction score
Is it safe to use PDAnet on iPhone 4 to hide tethering after AT&T already sent me a warning for using MyWi? Will they be suspicious when it stops showing that I use tethering but still have through the roof data usage? I know that's not normally how they detect tethering, but if they have their eye on my account already anyway, are they likely to figure it out?

Is it safe to use PDAnet on iPhone 4 to hide tethering after AT&T already sent me a warning for using MyWi? Will they be suspicious when it stops showing that I use tethering but still have through the roof data usage? I know that's not normally how they detect tethering, but if they have their eye on my account already anyway, are they likely to figure it out?
Yeah i guess but it doesnt matter cause they already gave you the warnig so they suspect you of it any way. A friend of mine uses pdanet all the time. actually for about a year he has used it I think. and never once got a warning message. I also use it but, well.... i have only had my iphone for 2 days so it's to early for me to tell.lol. If they do decide to contact you for any reason about the subject just tell them that you stopped watching netflix and youtube as often as you have heard of them hitting innocent people with with this tethering thing to get more money out of customers r somthin'.lol Well maybe dont say that. I mean i would, but thats up to you.lol I am not confirming anything here, im just throwing in my 2 cents. However i can confirm that i know someone who has used pdanet for a while with no warnings from att. And if you are worried about looking suspicious, hiding the usage is actually an option in pdanet, you can turn it on or off. so maybe leave it off to show some data usage so it dont look obvious you were tethering.

Yeah i guess but it doesnt matter cause they already gave you the warnig so they suspect you of it any way. A friend of mine uses pdanet all the time. actually for about a year he has used it I think. and never once got a warning message. I also use it but, well.... i have only had my iphone for 2 days so it's to early for me to tell.lol. If they do decide to contact you for any reason about the subject just tell them that you stopped watching netflix and youtube as often as you have heard of them hitting innocent people with with this tethering thing to get more money out of customers r somthin'.lol Well maybe dont say that. I mean i would, but thats up to you.lol I am not confirming anything here, im just throwing in my 2 cents. However i can confirm that i know someone who has used pdanet for a while with no warnings from att. And if you are worried about looking suspicious, hiding the usage is actually an option in pdanet, you can turn it on or off. so maybe leave it off to show some data usage so it dont look obvious you were tethering.

I thought i would double check for ya any way. he just sent me a text saying he still has not received any warning messages from att. and still uses pdanet frequently.