What's new

Using another carrier phone

hinds90

Reaction score
What other carrier phones can be used on Verizon? Like say can I buy a at@t iPhone d use it on Verizon?

What other carrier phones can be used on Verizon? Like say can I buy a at@t iPhone d use it on Verizon?

The short answer is no, unless you do a lot of research.

Verizon uses CDMA & LTE (very specific channels only) protocols for data and calls. Which means you have to find a phone that has those protocols and is unlocked to be moved to another carrier. The only AT&T phone that meets either requirement is the iPhone 4S because it has a CMDA radio. But it is locked by AT&T and is unusable with Verizon. Could you get it unlocked? Probably, at a cost. Is it worth the time and hassle? Only if you got the phone really cheap (like less than $150 your cost).

Sprint phones are CDMA. And you might be able to bring them over to Verizon. But don't expect much help on doing it. Verizon would prefer to sell you a phone out of their stock first.

Lol way to much hassle. Was just interested because I can't find any used Verizon iPhone 5's for sale but plenty of AT&T.

So as long as the phone is CDMA I could transfer it to Verizon. There's this carrier named cspire (cellular south) that's CDMA and a lot of people are selling those.

You'll have to double check with Verizon on that. As stated above, Verizon isn't BYOP friendly like T-Mobile or other companies known for their BYOP and contract-free prepaid services. It'd be better in my opinion to get a refurbished i5 since you can never tell if the device you're buying is IMEI blacklisted and such from being reported lost/stolen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

Lol ended up getting a killer deal at least to me. In my area its pretty hard to find a ip5 at all on verizon used. Traded my galaxy s3 16gb wih 32gb sdcard with 2 cases for a ip5 32gb with 2 cases. Only downside was I had to get a new sim card since the one the ip5 uses is smaller.

Not sure you needed a new sim card. The iPhone 5 uses either a mini or micro sim. There are cutters that you can use, and then you can keep your number.