What's new

Users of iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S, the time for selling your device might be now

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
iPhone_Value_Decline.jpg

As the new iPhone 5 is expected to come soon, owners of the iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S might be tempted to sell their old device. It’s understandable that most people would want to have the latest Apple gadget.

If one listens to the rumor mill, the new smartphone will come sporting a thinner look, a larger screen, & 4G LTE technology. Because of this, now might be the perfect time to sell your older device.

Popular electronic re-selling sites Gazelle and NextWorth indicate that iPhone sellers are quite popular and sought-after at the moment. Gazelle’s Chief Gadget Officer, Anthony Scarsella feels right now might be an ideal time to let go of your older iPhone.

“A 16GB AT&T iPhone 4S in good condition still fetches $277 on Gazelle, or more than enough to defray the initial cost of buying a16GB AT&T iPhone 5 when it becomes available next month.”

By analyzing the offer on both websites, it appears that the best place to sell your iPhone, is found on Gazelle. Differences in prices might be attributed to color, carrier and the state of the device but overall, interested sellers might get between $277 and $370 for the iPhone 4S, while owners of the iPhone 4 might get between $160 and $190.

Of course if sellers are willing to go though the hassle of interacting with buyers, Craiglist and eBay are also available options.

By Radu

Source: New iPhone is coming, so when should I sell my old iPhone? | Mobile - CNET News

Good news. I don't know if I'll ever sell my iPhone 4S, it's been my constant companion for the past four months and I'm still impressed with it. I plan to get the iPhone 5 but I'll probably keep my 4S too.

I've had my 4s since I preordered it and will preorder the 5. But I will probably keep my 4s as well.

So what are you supposed to do for a phone if you sell now and have to wait for the new one to come out? Switch to a temporary cheapy? I sure wouldn't want that hassle.

But I will probably keep my 4s as well.
But i would recommend to you to sell your 4s because the iphone 5 is a signfiicant enough improvement that it warrants upgrading, whether or not your free upgrade is available from your carrier. If it isn't you could try selling your old phone for around $356.56 According to Movaluate's fair price appraisal, you should be able to easily sell your phone for that much, which could help pay for the $750~ y ou will need for teh iphone 5 off contract.

Last edited by a moderator:
But i would recommend to you to sell your 4s because the iphone 5 is a signfiicant enough improvement that it warrants upgrading, whether or not your free upgrade is available from your carrier. If it isn't you could try selling your old phone for around $356.56 movaluate.com/apple/iphone-4s-16gb-att-black According to Movaluate's fair price appraisal, you should be able to easily sell your phone for that much, which could help pay for the $750~ y ou will need for teh iphone 5 off contract.

I did end up selling the 4s for $300...... That paid for the 5 plus the new otter box as well. Couldn't go wrong.