What's new

iPhone 4 and 4S Still Selling Well Alongside the iPhone 5

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
8272-iphone-5-white.JPG

AppleInsider writes today about a new report from Michael Walkley of Canaccord Genuity, who, after carrying out his own checks on sales of Apple’s current iPhone range, discovered that the iPhone 5 has, as you might expect, been selling very well at AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint, as well as internationally. This, of course, makes it Apple’s current top-selling handset. However, Walkley also found via his investigations that the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S are also still selling very well, with the iPhone 4 in particular actually being out of stock in some of the stores that he contacted. With Apple today announcing a massive roll out for the iPhone 5 in December in many more countries around the world (see post below), it looks as though the iPhone 5 production and supply issues are improving greatly. With this in mind, Walkley says that he thinks Apple will sell 47.5 million iPhones in the final quarter of the year, which would be a 77% unit increase in sales. AppleInsider notes that today’s newly announced roll out means that by the end of the year, the iPhone 5 will be on sale in 100 countries, with 240 different carriers. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Source:[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Top-selling iPhone 5 flanked by strong sales of legacy iPhone 4S & 4[/FONT]

Great to hear. :)

Both are still great phones and my iPhone 4 is still going strong. I actually went ahead and made it a work phone after I upgraded to the five. Couldn't bring myself to sell my first iPhone. :p

Sure- and the prices I was offered when I shopped iPhones on Verizon last week were a whole lot le$$ for a 4S, and nothing for a 4. So it's not particularly surprising that people who want to save money would still buy those phones, and in significant numbers. Since we have never owned any smartphone other than the iP 5s we've had for 5 days, I'm in no position to make invidious comparisons with earlier models. I'm sure they're fine.

Great to hear. :)

Both are still great phones and my iPhone 4 is still going strong. I actually went ahead and made it a work phone after I upgraded to the five. Couldn't bring myself to sell my first iPhone. :p

Yup!!! Still have mine since 2011 via VZW!!

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64FB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

I still have mine; just as good as new. :)

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB
iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD