What's new

Used semi restore, stuck on apple logo

Neubeehunhun

Reaction score
Hi guys, before I try to update to 6.13 to resolve the problem, I'd like some advises to keep my jailbreak.

Long story short, I wanted to wipe the phone while retaining the jailbreak on 6.12, used the semi restore, everything went fine, phone is wiped, cydia is still there. The problem was, all my previous jailbreak tweaks were still there, but non functional. I could load springtomize, but it won't do anything, there's nothing in the setting menu even though all tweaks are still installed. I tried reinstall some of the tweaks, rebooting a few times, didn't help. So I made the stupid decision of deleting cydia installer. After doing so,my phone is stuck on the apple logo. I can not even go into DFU mode. So now I'm downloading the 6.13 file, hoping it will at least be functional after update.

But before that, any last resorts I could try to keep the jailbreak?

Thanks in advance.

Like all Cydia related issues where the user jumps the gun and thinks, deleting Cydia in any way does not non-loading issues in terms of tweaks. A simple hard reset would've cleared your springboard completely if not 2.

Your tweaks are ton except for the barebone of the jailbreak, meaning MobileSubstrate is not installed. Plug your device in and see if a ding sound comes on or your phone vibrates a while after you plug it in to see if MobileSubstrate is still there or not (almost guaranteed not), or if iTunes recognizes the device as in the normal state, and not recovery mode. Otherwise your only option is to restore t the latest iOS.

Sent from my iPad via Tapatalk