What's new

Used iPhone 5s help!!

pleonasty

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just bought a used iPhone 5s on craigslist for a steal. I thought the deal was too good to be true, and it still might be.

Anyway, I received the phone without a reset from the seller. I didn't pay due diligence like I should have and just flipped through some of the apps and stuff to make sure it wasn't bricked or useless. Here's my issue. When I tap the app store, it brings up Google Play, and when I go into Setting to reset, it takes me to a page that says resetting will erase the SD card, including my Google account and any apps, but it doesn't take me to the reset menu like it should. When I connect the phone to my computer, iTunes doesn't recognize it. I tried using different lightning cables and tried reinstalling iTunes and the Apple Mobile Device software and everything. Also, it won't go into recovery mode when I hit the home button while plugging in the lightning cable...

The phone appears legit and not a chinese knockoff. I believe the seller had some kind of jailbreak thing going on, but I don't know how to restore it to its original settings.

I'm at a loss... anyone have any suggestions? How can I trick this thing into going back to factory settings?

Thanks all.

It sounds like you bought a "goophone" there Chinese mockups of the phone they range for about 160$ Canadian and run android. I would contact the seller right away and be like I bought a iphone 5s not a mockup even the ad says it's legit iphone 5s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bro you got jipped...sounds like a Goophone. Why dont you run the serial number on Apples warranty self check website? That'll tell you right here if its legit or not.

Sent from my iPad mini with retina

Im curious to know what happened to the phone from the OP? Was it authentic?

Sent from my iPad mini with retina