What's new

Maxboost charger doesn't work with my 5s & IOS7 ??????

chuckp

Reaction score
I purchased a Maxboost battery case & charger for my iPhone 5 in 2012 year and it's worked great since that time with my iPhone 5. After I updated my iPhone5 to iOS7, I got the message 'This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this phone', BUT it still charges that phone (as of a few minutes ago).

However, I just got my 5S w/IOS7 today and tried to use the Maxboost, got the same message 'This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this phone', but the 5s with iOS7 doesn't recognized the Maxboost at all.

Now, the ads on Maxboost website indicate that it DOES work with both the iPhone 5 & 5S. iPhone 5 Battery Cases & Battery Packs - MaxboostIt

It seems the problem is with IOS7. When I checked on the Apple Support Forums, someone recommended restarting/rebooting, which I did.

> iOS 7 To iPhones With Non-Standard Cables: No Juice For You ? ReadWrite
diesel vdub
Re: Message "this cable or accessory is not certified....", but not using a 3rd party cable
Sep 26, 2013 2:00 PM (in response to cindylivesinbrooklyn)
Try a reset or restart of the device, no data will be lost.

OK, restarted and still the Maxboost is not recognized. It must be IOS7. Any suggestions?

Have you tried the solutions for people that have 3rd party cables charging with iphone 5. It involves plugging and unplugging the charging cable while dismissing the messages