What's new

Urgent help with contacts

Bluering

Reaction score
My son’s iphone 3 data connection is faulty. He went to apple store and they are going to replace it, but when he asked about importing his contacts from the phone memory to his sim card, they told him you can’t do that. So he did not get the new phone on that day and went home to write down all the contacts on his phone. He is going to get the replacement phone tomorrow, so, it is true that you cannot import from the phone to the sim? If anyone could help, I would immensely appreciate that. Thanks

OK, so it is not possible to transfer contacts from phone to sim, but luckily with Optus our network, there is a sim backup offered by the network. I will advise my son to do that before return the faulty phone.

iTunes can backup all your contacts to your computer. Personally I use windows address book but there are other programes that can do it...

The connection on the phone for the cable was itself faulty, it was not possible to exchange data. He could charge the phone only but not exchange data. I tried a few cables which work on my iphone 4 but did not work on his.

If the cable jack is faulty then you'd be pretty much out of luck then, unless his phone is jailbroken, in which case you can install and use OTA (Over The Air) sync. Basically it syncs your ipod / iphone over your wifi network.

Out of interest, how do you back this up with Optus? (I'm with them also).

Thanks!
Craig

If the cable jack is faulty then you'd be pretty much out of luck then, unless his phone is jailbroken, in which case you can install and use OTA (Over The Air) sync. Basically it syncs your ipod / iphone over your wifi network.

Out of interest, how do you back this up with Optus? (I'm with them also).

Thanks!
Craig

Settings>Phone>SIM Applications>SIM Backup.

Depending of the amount of contacts in his phone, it would be faster to send them via email as a backup. Then when he has the new phone, just connect to the email account and reimport everything. That would be faster then writing down the info...

That's why I keep my contacts in Google (or any cloud service), this way I don't have to sync and all my modifications are spread to my phone/iPad/computers in an instant...

My 2 cents!

VicoPhone Addict!